Model Cars Magazine Forum

Best source for Historic Racing Miniatures products

Brad is a one man operation so he finds it very difficult to provide stock for other suppliers while keeping up with individual orders.  Unless you are international it's pretty easy to order from him other than I think he only accept checks.   Yes these days not having a website and electronic payment sux but since he probably will not be doing many shows outside Maryland anymore there aren't any other alternatives.

3 minutes ago, 65slotcar said:

Randy from modelbuilderswh.com   has great service  and like most suppliers, most kits are out of stock.  but Randy  will do his best to get parts and kits ASAP.   i would send him a message from his web site  to get fastest reply.

I second that.  Randy is great to work with

Harold is a great guy,i just call him Direct and tell him what i need,he got me the daytona coupe in about 10 days,you are right he only does checks,ive lost a couple of small parts in the build,he is shipping them out to .me,no charge,he is a great source of info also,his voice mail is always full,just call tell he answers

harold bradford 301- 604- 8591

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/10/2021 at 6:38 PM, 250 Testa Rossa said:

Having trouble getting parts from HRM. What's the best way to order?

Call Brad during the week (EST daytime).  I’m guessing he is 80+ and he does not use PayPal or have a website.  Once you get a hold of him he will be very helpful.  Randy @ Modelbuilderswh.com tries to keep HRM kits and parts in stock but they sell out very quickly.

Edited by vamach1

Short answer is no but JC found a list he posted below. JC’s Fotki page Steelers43 also shows some of the parts Brad had made over the years.  Brad is 80+ and a one man operation and does not have a website or sell on Ebay.  Calling him or going through modelbuilderswh.com are about your only options.

24F20FC1-3119-4585-97B7-9C6AA977EF94.png

80598F77-4A5E-481C-AF0C-82B8DD1A2E3E.png

Edited by vamach1

Here are the two masters Norm (plaid shirt) and Brad (black shirt and watch) discussing their latest projects.  Also in the pictures are JC (green sweater) and myself (blue jacket behind Brad) and the rest of the MAMA gang at the last regular meeting in February 2020 (pre-Covid).  I cannot remember who was working of the Ferrari bread wagon.  That was my CMA GT40 which I did finish using some HRM parts.

Photo credit to Lyle Willits.

A7696B98-4080-4E64-90D9-92BDD1D3B475.jpeg

876E8FD3-E780-43DD-A6E3-4DEAF95E4589.jpeg

DBA5D50A-447F-4B57-927C-EAB3FA9713BD.jpeg

Edited by vamach1

2 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Short answer is no.  However Steelers43 on Fotki shows most of the parts Brad had made over the years.  He’s 80+ and a one man operation and does not have a website or sell on Ebay.  Calling him or going through modelbuilderswh.com are about your only options.

Thanks for the reply. I found Steelers 43's Fotki pages. There are items there that I was unaware of. There are also items I have seen that aren't there. If anyone else has some web pages with other items that will help me in putting together an order. \

Thanx,
B.

Thanks JC.  I had never seen a list like that but we all took so much for granted before last year.  I was happy to get the FIA Cobra kit earlier this year and to buy parts from Brad over the last 25 years at the MAMA meetings or Mid-Atlantic NNL or NNL East.  I did not realize (unless I forgot) he did an upgrade kit for the Gunze Cobra kit.

Edited by vamach1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, keyser said:

How’s Norm? Heard zip since his surgery/illness? 
2 great modelers those two. Great people too. 

Norm is doing great and is making his excellent resin stuff again trying to catch up on the backlog of orders. Here’s a picture from last months MAMA meeting.

CCB06F1E-E203-4B64-BBE4-0B1E113FEC36.jpeg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Thanks for posting the photo Rex.

You’re welcome.  Lyle always takes pictures at MAMA meetings and posts them on the website and his personal Fotki page.  I enjoy seeing what those guys are up to and Tim Sickle puts out a great club newsletter every month.