Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round2 parts replacement?

Has anyone had any experience with round2 parts replacement and or customer service?

My wife got me the recent issue of the Polar Lights 66 batmobile and it was missing the tiny "bat spinners" for the wheels.

I submitted a "parts replacement request" and haven't heard diddly from them... is that normal? And if so, how and when do they contact you?

I've got a feeling probably gonna be a bad time. As I highly doubt anyone has a set of those laying in the parts box... and if neither is an option I'm screwed unless I shell out for another kit.

I recently filed a parts request (replacing two damaged parts in the new MPC Prudhomme front-engine dragster) via their online system that’s on the website. I uploaded pictures of my receipt and the UPC code as they requested. In a day or two received an email from them confirming they would fill my parts request. That was maybe a little more than a week ago, no parts yet but with the holidays I’m expecting they will take some time to get here. 

1 hour ago, Don Sikora II said:

I recently filed a parts request (replacing two damaged parts in the new MPC Prudhomme front-engine dragster) via their online system that’s on the website. I uploaded pictures of my receipt and the UPC code as they requested. In a day or two received an email from them confirming they would fill my parts request. That was maybe a little more than a week ago, no parts yet but with the holidays I’m expecting they will take some time to get here. 

Hopefully I'll get an email as I did the same thing... but I did submit it Christmas day so... i understand if it takes longer than usual.

I just sent them an email earlier, cracked open and started a repop of the '69 Olds 442, while it did indeed have all 6 tires in the box (2 pad printed Goodyear drag slicks, 4 Firestone Wide Ovals), only 3 out of 4 Firestones had the pad printed white lettering (1 was black-wall both sides), LOL, hopefully they take care of customers pretty quickly.

11 hours ago, Olskoolrodder said:

I just sent them an email earlier, cracked open and started a repop of the '69 Olds 442, while it did indeed have all 6 tires in the box (2 pad printed Goodyear drag slicks, 4 Firestone Wide Ovals), only 3 out of 4 Firestones had the pad printed white lettering (1 was black-wall both sides), LOL, hopefully they take care of customers pretty quickly.

Yea I'm hoping myself.... the little bat spinner I'm sure is gonna be in absolutely no ones parts box.

And so I either gamble and buy another kit or I'm dead in the water.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 8:57 PM, Don Sikora II said:

I received my replacement parts today. ?