Model Cars Magazine Forum

1982 Kenworth K100

I started this one with an AMT Tyrone Malone Papa Truck kit. I shortened the chassis and the cab, cut off the aerodyne roof, and made a new flat roof for the cab. I added some aluminum front wheels and resin 2-hole drive wheels, then scratch built the exhaust, intake, and fuel tanks. The engine and transmission were swapped out for a 3406 Caterpillar from a Revell snap kit.

2v2H9zyhFxAC2cR.jpg

2v2H9zyRnxAC2cR.jpg

2v2H9zywqxAC2cR.jpg

2v2H9zyH8xAC2cR.jpg

Excellent work, as we’ve come to expect, yet unique. Your builds like this capture the essence of trucking of yesteryear. The grit, power, and pride that made us truck fans from the beginning - it all can be seen in these photos. They seem to come alive, you can practically hear the engine idle, and smell the diesel fumes.

On 1/1/2020 at 1:49 AM, vincen47 said:

Excellent work, as we’ve come to expect, yet unique. Your builds like this capture the essence of trucking of yesteryear. The grit, power, and pride that made us truck fans from the beginning - it all can be seen in these photos. They seem to come alive, you can practically hear the engine idle, and smell the diesel fumes.

Absolutely my thoughts - it looks like a real rig on the parking lot of a big truck stop !