Model Cars Magazine Forum
CRUSADER2

KENWORTH X 2 K123 & K100 Aerodyne

Thanks Jeff, I enjoy doing the pipe detailing, but most of it disapear's behind other things as the model comes together, so is it worth all the time and effort, maybe?Ā  managed to get some primer on the K123 this week

SAM_4166.JPG

SAM_4168.JPG

Geoffrey the primer brings out all your fine details that you have added and itā€™s going to look fantastic when you have the final paint on.Ā 

Yes thatā€™s looking very niceĀ 

Hi folks, got a little bit more done on the K123, painted the engine and did a little more detailing to it, I am still not 100% happy with the Cummins colour, it looked fine until it dried, it will have to do though, once it is weathered a bit it should beĀ ok,Ā at the end of the day it is supposed to be a refurbished block, so I can blame it on the paint shop!

The truck is supposedĀ to represent the first Kenworth bought by the company (second hand) and has been totally refurbished and updated a little,Ā it is still earning its keep during the week but is a show truck at the weekend, all totally ficticiousĀ  but for me it gives me a reason why the truck looks the way it does when it is finished, so it will only be very lightly weathered, should get quite a bit more done this next week, fingers crossed, cheers to all who are sticking with this slow build.Ā 

SAM_4179.JPG

SAM_4181.JPG

Definitely a building report that is worth emulating. I will definitely try it! Of course in 1/72... šŸ§

Made a little more progress over the last week, got the Cummins twin/t for the Aerodyne up to the same stage as the one for the K123, both builds are further on but I need to upload the photo's to the computer, maybe this weekend?

Thanks for watching Torsten, look forward to seeing some of your work.Ā 

SAM_4180.JPG

SAM_4182.JPG

SAM_4183.JPG

SAM_4185.JPG

On 7/24/2020 at 9:58 PM, CRUSADER2 said:

Hi folks, got a little bit more done on the K123, painted the engine and did a little more detailing to it, I am still not 100% happy with the Cummins colour, it looked fine until it dried, it will have to do though, once it is weathered a bit it should beĀ ok,Ā at the end of the day it is supposed to be a refurbished block, so I can blame it on the paint shop!

The truck is supposedĀ to represent the first Kenworth bought by the company (second hand) and has been totally refurbished and updated a little,Ā it is still earning its keep during the week but is a show truck at the weekend, all totally ficticiousĀ  but for me it gives me a reason why the truck looks the way it does when it is finished, so it will only be very lightly weathered, should get quite a bit more done this next week, fingers crossed, cheers to all who are sticking with this slow build.Ā 

SAM_4179.JPG

SAM_4181.JPG

I chuckled when I read your comment "it'll have to do" about THAT engine. It's fantastic! Brilliant job mate, not just here but through the whole job, the chassis the wiring and plumbing etc...Ā