Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO, Cannonball Run Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Sarge's truck 379 Pete.

O.K., that is a long title for a build, however the theme of this years Cannonball Run was movie/TV show cars/trucks and well the B.R.B.O. is for trucks too. Last year season 6 of Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D had a new twist to it. Clark Gregg who plays Agent Colson had died in season 5, but returned as a alien that was trying to save earth from the Shrike, these bird like things that were to take over the planet. Gregg plays Sarge and Sarge drives this modified 379 Pete that he brought with him through some kind of worm hole. The truck is all flat black and has a trailer that houses all the weapons and Shrike fighting hardware. The truck has a large brush guard and has the ability to cloak or turn invisible and transport to other places. Very handy for the Cannonball run. It can run flat out and no cops will ever see it. 

Anyway, the kit I am using is the first issue of the Italeri 378 with the flat top sleeper. No. 746. There was only one for sale in all the US that I could find, so $80 later it is mine. I know we don't start till tomorrow, but I figured I would post the pre build pictures here and then I can get going on it in the morning. And, yes, I know I will have to modify the hood to look like a 379 from the 378 that the kit has. 

i001286260.jpg

7002613-mv5bmtm0ndu4ogutzgnmyi00nzu2lwe3ywmtzwvimwiwmjm3nji2xkeyxkfqcgdeqxvyndewotu0ode@._v1_sx1777_cr0,0,1777,999_al_.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

9083B784-A2A9-4A07-9DD7-62EA8ACA8BE2.thumb.jpeg.be34eca5654ae732bf863b0d1750fe37.jpeg

Edited by Oldmopars

This build will be interesting and challenging good luck. My brother Bill Drennen sold all his molds to Jamie you can get the 379 1/24 scale hood my brother made from Jamie if he has casted it up. My brother sold these hood conversations back in the early 90s in 1/25 scale and 1/24 scale 

Edited by Pete68

Jan 1, day off so a lot got done today. 

The Hood. The kit is a 378-119 and the TV truck is a 379-127. So, this was where it all starts. Lost of cutting and stretching, adding in some sheet, lots of putty and she will be good. Everything from there back now had to be changed. 

I moved the cab back and down to work with the new 378-127 hood. Cab mounts and crossmember were cut and relocated. I had to swap the fuel tank and the tool box as they are backwards on the TV truck as well as add scratch built steps. Also had to add to the steering shaft and the intake pipes. Exhaust will be done later.

All chrome removed except from the stacks. This allowed me to assemble a lot that I would not normally do, lights, visor, etc.

I also had to reshape the grill. The 378 grill is too rounded over, the TV 379 is more sharp edged. The TV truck also has a Propane tank instead of the air filter on the driver side, I don't know why other than "Hollywood", so I had to make one. Still some final details to add, but it will work. 

As you can see I have a lot of work left on the hood, but I did get a fair bit done today. 

EhinXeiIRYG4fk89pWez%A.jpg

qtWF5Hf4Rrar8Pw8oo+8pQ.jpg

62VEoz6OQwKCgFIK%mAeJQ.jpg

Esvym3usSF+2Tq+H5IRsrA.jpg

lndpxo1GS46UUjoHpfhi%w.jpg

tktw9Xy4QI2+W71QAeTc7A.jpg

More progress. One thing that is a blessing and a curse on this build is the lack of good photos. A curse because  don't have a lot to go on, but a blessing in that it does give me a little freedom to be creative because nobody can say it wrong. I spent most of the day working on the stuff on the roof of the sleeper, adding details to the doors and sanding the hood. Still a bit more work to go on the hood, but it is at least looking more like a 379-127 hood now. 

IMG_0700.jpg

I got a little more done, was able to put a little paint down. I got the sleeper finished up and painted. The cab has a first coat on it, still some things to finish. A lot of work left on the hood, but it is getting better. I keep mocking it up so I know where I am headed with this. 

The trailer is a huge job and so I am getting the truck done as much as I can so make sure I have time left to finish the trailer. 

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

Things may slow down a little here soon. Right now I have a lot of time at home, but will be away from home a lot in the near future. So, I need to make hay while the sun shines. 

Got more done on the hood. I think it may be good to go now. Added the deflectors(?) that go behind/under the headlights. I also finished up the tank on the drivers side and got the cab painted again.

Interior is done also, but will post pictures another day.  I did order a trailer, old issue Italeri 742 American trailer 48ft. It's starting to look like Sarge's truck.

E2GLD0puRUSSq1MtvC3dng.jpg

kqdlT5R6Tyqx2hxN+DYDtQ.jpg

Well the TV truck has this huge Bull Bar/Animal Guard on the front of it. In the opening scene where the truck first shows up in the show, it materializes out of a cloud of smoke and smashes through the Agents of Shield vehicles. Trucks go flying and then it stops and Sarge jumps out. He then goes and kills on of the Agents to free his cohort Snowflake. So, this huge Bull bar is very much a part of what made this truck so ominous and villainous.  It had to be scratch built, as the one on the TV truck is huge and custom built for the TV truck. This took most of the day to make. It is attached like the TV truck in that is tilts with the hood. 

I also finished the interior the other day. The added handle on the passenger side in the Cloaking Handle, this was also part of what made this truck special. Sarge would pull the handle and the truck could vanish and then it would reapear somewhere else. 

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

Edited by Oldmopars

• Dave Ambrose changed the title to BRBO, Cannonball Run Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Sarge's truck 379 Pete.