Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO 2020 Revell Peterbilt 359 Snap tite

28 minutes ago, tbill said:

Is it done yet? Haha, these are fun kits and build up nice.

Sadly not yet. Our beautiful weather here in the Northeastern corridor will prohibit painting the truck until at least mid-late March. Until then it’s get the color pallet in order. Choose the livery and get all fuel tax stickers in order. Draw out and design the interior colors and away we go. 

13 hours ago, JerseeJerry55 said:

Okay so during further inspection it appears that the right side ladder steps for the sleeper are mismolded and bend out too far of an angle. Any suggestions?

1C73AE9B-9D02-4A21-937F-23CCB07D863A.jpeg

F3231D13-569E-47F9-BF99-23B0FB422439.jpeg

Hello Jerry , you have to remove the ladder from the sleeper .           First reason : the color isn’t the same.                                                   Then you have to do « your own snap assembly « with the ladder, you need to do a plastic strip and you will glue to the top of it. Later, when sleeper and fuel tanks will be assembled, you will slide the ladder strip into the groove between sleeper floor and sleeper body. You will correct angle too.     Second reason : in case of shock, your ladder will drop but won’t be broken. I use this kind of assembly with many fragiles pieces of my models ( mirors for example) , it gaves me satisfaction, moreover you get a clean assembly.

8DBD4E9C-798D-41C4-9C87-157660A5C92A.jpeg

Edited by grodudulle77