Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO 2020 Revell Peterbilt 359 Snap tite

I personally haven't had the best of luck getting warped plastic straight, but if is square when closed, I might just let it go. If it has to be straightened you may could make some inner hood braces out of brass stock.  Looking good by the way!

On 1/8/2020 at 8:14 PM, Pete68 said:

My main weakness what color to paint 

Me too!!!?

11 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I personally haven't had the best of luck getting warped plastic straight, but if is square when closed, I might just let it go. If it has to be straightened you may could make some inner hood braces out of brass stock.  Looking good by the way!

Me too!!!?

The frustrating part is it is only slightly bent inwards causing me to have to pull it apart slightly when closing it. I’ll have to just deal with it I suppose. 

Try warming up the hood under running hot water around the area you want adjusted . After satisfied quickly stick under cold water and see if that helps. The cold shock should set the adjustment..but its mostly trial. I've done this a few times w mixed results 

38 minutes ago, gotnitro? said:

Try warming up the hood under running hot water around the area you want adjusted . After satisfied quickly stick under cold water and see if that helps. The cold shock should set the adjustment..but its mostly trial. I've done this a few times w mixed results 

Thank you sir.

3 hours ago, JerseeJerry55 said:

Thanks. I love these kits regardless of the bad tires/wheels and no sunvisor. A lot of room for detailing.

Send Jamie Rahmoeller at moluminum an email or Facebook if your on it. Sure he'd have a visor for your Pete. 

Ryan M from ebay has a fb store now , he made the stacks , bumpers and visors too. Used to go by rhino 99 ?on evil bay

Frame and some parts painted last night. Noticed this morning that in all areas that some of the Red is not glossy. Probably too cold, and slightly too humid. Thought the garage was warm enough. I probably will grime up the frame slightly so I believe I can address the problem areas somewhat.

5B9CC495-26B5-4E5C-A03E-E037E5858416.jpeg

54169A7E-19AB-499A-8872-E0431EC34494.jpeg

9255860F-A6F1-43C4-B9D3-239119167131.jpeg