Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO 2020 Pete wrecker rebuild

Now before I jump the gun in this. A little history on it. This truck was first built back some 30 to 40 years ago. I was around 18 or so, now I’m pushing turning 51 in less than two weeks. Yeah it’s been around awhile. It was first built out of the box as Don’s Wrecker Service. Then a few years after I moved and the truck didn’t like the move. The second time it was built/re built is when I added a Revell Black Magic Pete cab, good and bunk and stretched the frame. Then it was painted in a light blue.. About 8 years after that I moved again and yes it didn’t like that one either. After that I rebuilt it in a green color. Then after a few years it began to fall apart, chassis sagged pretty bad so I pulled it apart and it sat in a box up until about a month ago. I pulled it out and started to fix the frame issues, stripped the body and primed it so I can fix the issues on it. Then is sat for a couple weeks and then the build theme came about. Now here I am with a rig that I want to rebuild. 
Jeff contacted me as it was partially started.. I sent him pics and he ok’d it to participate. Now I may not get it done in the time frame but I’m gonna try to make it happen! Anyway, this is where I am after working on some of it last night after welcoming the new year. I couldn’t fall asleep so I went downstairs to peck at it a bit.. 

Chassis was brought back to where you see it, Ned was chromed a few months ago and bagged up..

5A1B1312-8107-4C82-B08A-96467EB0E254.thumb.jpeg.e440fe0a0157779323877c25628112a0.jpeg

wheel/axle lift was built last night.. Thinking of putting twin booms on it so they split side to side.. This the parts on the bed....

453C328C-675A-4510-AB0A-6C13672761BC.thumb.jpeg.a61fadde094f526190b615354fa22644.jpeg

Great start Doc. You know we’re not getting younger I’m only a couple months older than you. It would be nice to see this old truck build I have several models from my childhood and teen years yet glad you did give up on it. I’ll be following 

2 hours ago, JerseeJerry55 said:

Can’t wait to see her come to life again.

Lol. Me too!!

2 hours ago, Pete68 said:

Great start Doc. You know we’re not getting younger I’m only a couple months older than you. It would be nice to see this old truck build I have several models from my childhood and teen years yet glad you did give up on it. I’ll be following 

I have a couple from my childhood that have made it through the years but this one didn’t want to I guess.. lol

2 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Nice rebuild Kerry ! Looking forward to this truck refinished 

hope I can get it done!!

1 hour ago, Sam I Am said:

Time to tag everyone's build so I can follow along. ?

thinking the same thing Sam!!

13 hours ago, DPNM said:

It's cool that you chose to rebuild this...again. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

If you're just turning 51 you're still young yet. I'm 64 so I got ya by a few years.

Days I feel like I'm 80 but yeah 51 isn't toooo bad, just have to oil the creaks daily!!!

12 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Looking forward to seeing more!

Hope to give ya more Brian!! Working on the booms right now actually. Break time at work!!!!

On 1/1/2020 at 7:14 PM, DPNM said:

It's cool that you chose to rebuild this...again. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

If you're just turning 51 you're still young yet. I'm 64 so I got ya by a few years.

Days I feel 80! Lmbo

On 1/1/2020 at 8:20 PM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Looking forward to seeing more!

hoping to work more on it tomorrow. Taking the booms to work to see if I can get a little done on them...

Did get some work done on it. Pics soon!!.

23 hours ago, vettecote said:

51? Your just a young pup! Looking forward to seeing this!...Joe

LOL, some days....

17 hours ago, Oldmopars said:

51? I am right there with you at 50. We are still young, we just seem to make more noise when we move. 

Cool project

Got that right, scare myself with some of the snaps and cracks I make..

8 hours ago, NothingAsFineAsaW9 said:

Pfffffffffffffffft pardon me lol.

Right there with y'all 53.

LOL,,,,, uh, not gonna ask where that noise came from Vince!!!! LMBO...….

10 hours ago, NothingAsFineAsaW9 said:

Kerry you know that a Boomer is Aussie for Kangaroo.

So your saying you've got 2 Roo's huh LOL.

Looking great by the way K.

LMBO,,, Two Roo's for yooooouuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! He's also Tigger's friend!!!! Hooo hoo hoo hooooo TTFN!!!

On 1/7/2020 at 9:27 AM, gotnitro? said:

Wow your project looks awesome   ! 

Thanks Jeff

21 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I'm liking where this is heading!!

thank you as well Brian!

Hopefully get a few pics of the rest of the truck soon!!