Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO 2020 Pete wrecker rebuild

Had a set back yesterday, while working on the boom I heard a crack. Upon looking for what happened I noticed the spool for the booms split in half. Had to perform a little surgery on it and got it fixed,,, Only to go work on the under lift and broke the snot out of it trying to put a "stop" on it. That way when it's in the hauling position it'll hold another rig up in the air... So now tonight I'll have that to fix!!! UGH!!!!!

23 hours ago, PettyKW43 said:

Finally dusted off the Kenworth Train , got back at it, needed to acquire 9 Freightliner kits to pirate out the wheels, decided on disc instead of the spokes! Making it a fancy train!

Hey hey, glad to hear ya got back on the train!!! LMBO, I couldn't resist Rick!! LOL.... Seriously though, glad you're back to working on it!! You've gotten too much done on here to let her sit in the grass my friend!!!!

Agreed! If I would have stuck with the spoke wheels on the trailers and truck I probably would have gotten to it sooner but it took a bit to get 6 more Freightliner kits for the wheels! By the time I am done it will be a $3000 dollar model project lol!

On 3/6/2020 at 1:50 PM, PettyKW43 said:

Agreed! If I would have stuck with the spoke wheels on the trailers and truck I probably would have gotten to it sooner but it took a bit to get 6 more Freightliner kits for the wheels! By the time I am done it will be a $3000 dollar model project lol!

Yikes!!!! Pricey!! Can sell the Freightliner kits without the wheels to recoup some of the cost...