Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO 2020 Pete wrecker rebuild

I see you've been bashing away  !!! Your doing an awesome job combining kits for this . 

I dont really have an opinion on the sides,  maybe taping over the section your thinking about removing to see if it fits the " flow"  of the truck 

Couple more pics... Just playing around with the cab and engine locale for air boxes and intakes compared to where the turbo will be. Going to have to rework the intake tubes from air boxes to turbo... Oh well. No biggie there!! 

6099AE98-B057-4C6A-A75E-D6498632AD98.thumb.jpeg.ab896d87177421d469ad3e2f691abbd5.jpeg

6CBBB3A7-35F6-4045-9429-7B6DF071BCCC.thumb.jpeg.efa80d33ca35f021bdd56b9d4a209d0c.jpeg

8 hours ago, blackbeard said:

looking great and I see a kw peeking from behind

That’s my heavy hauler!!

8 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Cool engine upgrades Kerry !  That'll give this wrecker much needed boost 

you betcha! It’s all about more power!!

1 hour ago, gotnitro? said:

Ya know Kerry..on a hooker it's all about pulling power..the more ya can pull the more load can be moved lol

Guess I've been watching too many episodes of HTH , and Mighty Moe

Got that right! Can’t get enough of HTH!!!

1 hour ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Looks Good!! I hope that Detroit is going to have straight exhaust on it! Folks need to hear a wrecker coming!

Tall and straight is the only way!! If this rig was real you’ll hear it barking for miles around!!! If ya don’t hear the turbo and supercharger screaming you’ll hear it rumbling!!! 

28 minutes ago, DrKerry said:

Tall and straight is the only way!! If this rig was real you’ll hear it barking for miles around!!! If ya don’t hear the turbo and supercharger screaming you’ll hear it rumbling!!! 

I love that two stroke diesel sound. A outfit a mile up the road from my house has a 4200 IH with a 318 in it that they use to haul hay and I can tell it apart from all the other trucks when it pulls out of the drive.

10 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I love that two stroke diesel sound. A outfit a mile up the road from my house has a 4200 IH with a 318 in it that they use to haul hay and I can tell it apart from all the other trucks when it pulls out of the drive.

You can tell what truck it is without looking out the window!  My old neighbor used to drive a Pete 359, Don’t remember the year but he had a Detroit 12 in it! Hauling tankers all the time.. That truck you could hear before you even saw it!! He had two trucks before that and always had 12v’s in them. Every truck always had “Buzzin’ Dozen” painted on the side of the bunk house! Now a days I wish I would of taken some pics of his rigs!! 

But yes! Always love the sound of them!!!! My friend has a 12v sitting in his truck yard right now. He’s thinking of putting it in his 78 K100!! 

I have these decals for it but in silver tone. My rig, albeit a Pete should look close to this. Orange main body, white fenders and silver decals on it... May add a little bit to it as well. Company logos and such too!

but color wise this is close to what it’ll be... 

01034780-D5C2-4B46-9A4B-1CA2B8AB4B01.jpeg.a2994d6a691dcbaebb31545d3371d662.jpeg

2 hours ago, blackbeard said:

maybe cut down the sides a 1"inch and see how they look before cutting to much out of the sides

May use tape and mark them and see. I have one extra side for the passenger side and a broken one for the left. I could use the broken one as a template too!!