Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/32 Kenworth K-100 Aerodyne

JT.  Thanks for the complement when I got this kit about 2yrs I just knew what color to paint it. These old snappers deserve some love they’re not that bad if you take your time and rework them. 

Brian. Thanks for the complement I enjoy taking pictures in my backyard it’s a place I’ve always took pictures for years and has served me well. The last 1/32 KW Aerodyne I built was back in 1983 when they first one came out with this truck I think. I built it box stock. Sadly I sold all of my 1/32 scale trucks when I switched to 1/25 scale around 1984-85 I’m enjoying going back to this scale with the parts and knowledge at hand these days 

17 hours ago, Pete68 said:

Jim. Thanks for the complement and stopping by haven’t heard from you in awhile. 

Oh, I've been around.  Had to deal with some health issues that put me in sort of a funk, if you know what I mean.  Haven't had the desire to build because of it.

Jim. I know that feeling to well 

Vincent. Thanks for stopping by and the complement 

Sam. Thanks for the complement I really enjoy building these 1/32 truck there’s some out there but not a very popular scale 

Carl. Thanks for the complement and stopping by I like that green very much too

Thanks for the complement Bill. Get the dust off of those kits and get to work would love to see some more of you guys build these trucks don’t under estimated these little jewels you can fix them up nice. What ones you have Bill? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/2/2020 at 12:02 AM, gatorincebu said:

Lee,

That looks great. You could put Greenstein  decals on it and  pulling a reefer it would be spot on for that era !

Be Well

Gator

Thanks Gator I missed your comment and your right it would look great with a Reefer. 

Very nice model, clean and neatly executed. The color is really attractive. Execution of chome parts is really well.

I have one comment on the model, in fact a general comment which applies for many models in this forum: why do this truck have shiny black tires? I have never seen a vehicle, even a brand new one, with such shiny black tires. Nothing is pure black in natüre, let alone vehichle tires. They are like antrasite black at best but mostly a darker shade of grey with some level of wear and tear depending on the subject. I see that this is a general issue in most models in this forum. Maybe this is a tradition in an american scale modeling community, I dont know, I am not living in US. But I dont think that the vehicles in US have such shiny black tires, that is not realistic. I see some amazingly realistic and nice car, truck, van models in this forum but these unrealistic tires really take all the realism away for me. 

2 hours ago, airea said:

Very nice model, clean and neatly executed. The color is really attractive. Execution of chome parts is really well.

I have one comment on the model, in fact a general comment which applies for many models in this forum: why do this truck have shiny black tires? I have never seen a vehicle, even a brand new one, with such shiny black tires. Nothing is pure black in natüre, let alone vehichle tires. They are like antrasite black at best but mostly a darker shade of grey with some level of wear and tear depending on the subject. I see that this is a general issue in most models in this forum. Maybe this is a tradition in an american scale modeling community, I dont know, I am not living in US. But I dont think that the vehicles in US have such shiny black tires, that is not realistic. I see some amazingly realistic and nice car, truck, van models in this forum but these unrealistic tires really take all the realism away for me. 

Thanks for the compliment I like to Armor All my model truck tires that’s why they’re so shiny

I've never seen this build, it looks grand! Good to see 1/32 being built. These kits can really look good with a bit of work, and that one does! 

I love Aerodynes, even the name is great. I know, I'm wierd. 

Edited by Rockford
  • Like 1