Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Citroen 2cv Cocorico

GeeBee

One I won't be buying, Seems Revell didn't do much research on this one, the Cocorico should have a basic dash and a bench seat up front which was covered in a blue denim material, sticking a different set of decals in the Sausse ente kit doesn't make it a Cocorico....

07653__m_citroen_2_cv_cocorico.jpg

07653__d_01_citroen_2_cv_cocorico.jpg

07653__d_02_citroen_2_cv_cocorico.jpg

07653__d_03_citroen_2_cv_cocorico.jpg

07653__d_04_citroen_2_cv_cocorico.jpg

30 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

Making it worse is the fact that original 2CV was the Charleston trim level, so is the German Flying Duck version even the right interior trim?

Yes, they got the Sausse Ente interior correct, later plastic dash, and they retooled the seats that are totally different to the Charleston seats which were a fabric quilted effect, the Cocorico had the earlier dashboard (Metal) and bench front seat, it was based on the lower trimmed 2cv, only 1,000 were produced, they were produced in 1986 to celebrate France winning the World cup, the 2cv's were finished and France got knocked out, strangely they didn't actually sell that well.

1 hour ago, alexis said:

I hear you. Shortcuts like this are why model companies get bad press.

A different dashboard and front & rear seats would have made it correct, surely Revell could have even released further 2cv's with the same base trim, with all the incorrect parts and poor instructions for the Land Rover kit really makes me wonder who in Revell is doing the R&D these days.