Model Cars Magazine Forum

First Gear Lowboy

Warren D

Picked up a First Gear Int with lowboy for an excavator I purchased.  Sadly the excavator was mis-represented as 1/25 scale when it is in fact a Newray 1/32.  It was detailed and with a little work should be rebuildable into a medium class excavator in 1/25 scale.

DSC_7660.jpg

I really like these, but they are super expensive...I got a lowboy from a guy a couple of years ago....Yellow....

It's funny how those Newray excavators seem to be in everything they put out, but it is, in fact, 1/25 scale... It was misrepresented in the 1/32 scale application, actually....It's a mid sized unit...I use them all the time in my "Newray overhauls", but that setup is AWESOME!!! 

On 1/8/2020 at 8:41 AM, kilrathy10 said:

I really like these, but they are super expensive...I got a lowboy from a guy a couple of years ago....Yellow....

It's funny how those Newray excavators seem to be in everything they put out, but it is, in fact, 1/25 scale... It was misrepresented in the 1/32 scale application, actually....It's a mid sized unit...I use them all the time in my "Newray overhauls", but that setup is AWESOME!!! 

Interesting, when looking at the operator's seat it looks like 1/25, same size as a Mack Cruiseliner I'm working on.  I also have a KFS Cat excavator (Resin 1/24 scale) which is a monster by comparison.  At some point I'll put the deck extensions on the trailer and load 'er up!