Model Cars Magazine Forum

2020 BRBO Kenworth 86" cabover Aerodyne

This is my B.R.B.O. entry I modified the cab a few years ago , thing got a little crazy for me so I packed it up and forgot about until recently, I was digging around looking for something else then found this I always wanted to get it finished , so this is my chance to do that .

I hope I can get done before the dead line, I'm going to do my best .

Happy New Year to all... 

86 cut.jpg

86 inch KW 2.jpg

Thank you all for the comments .

I got some bench time today , got the engine plumbed and in primer, the exhaust is primed also its just loosely setting there .

I'm not quit sure if the plumbing is correct , I used an old article by Ken Smith as a guide .

Thank you.

IMG_5573.JPG

IMG_5574.JPG

IMG_5576.JPG

IMG_5577.JPG

Thank you for the comments guys .

Got the frame built and the rear axles mounted , I swaped out the Allison transmission and replaced with Road Ranger and shorting the drive shaft.

I had a slight brain fart today when I mounted the fuel tank brackets, when I mounted them they were to far forward the left tank was fine but the right tank was about an 1/8" into were the battery box is to mount , I ended up cutting the tanks and shorting them just a little bit.

I think they look better shortened up ( see the last 2 pictures )

thanks for looking .

IMG_5583.JPG

IMG_5585.JPG

IMG_5581.JPG

IMG_5586.JPG

Edited by k100

Its a great feeling to get comments form some the best model builders on this forum , THANK YOU !!

Today I thought I would try my hand at make a steerable front axle , everything was going good till I broke one of the lower arms off , luckily I had another axle, it come out pretty good I have temporarily pin together .

also got the engine and trans. done just have some filter decals . the rear suspension is assembled and the truck is setting on its wheels .

Thanks for looking .

Mark  

IMG_5548.JPG

IMG_5426.JPG

IMG_5601.JPG

IMG_5602.JPG

IMG_5598.JPG

IMG_5599.JPG

IMG_5603.JPG

IMG_5605.JPG

Edited by k100