Model Cars Magazine Forum

2020 BRBO Kenworth 86" cabover Aerodyne

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 6:29 PM, k100 said:

Thanks guys , I was quite upset yesterday to say the least .But today is a new day , I robbed the cab from a Papa kit that I have .

After a little plastic surgery we have another 86 inch Aerodyne . The dog isn't allowed in the garage any more . 

I want thank Jeff for letting me replace the cab with a new one .

Be Safe

Mark

IMG_5801.JPG

Glad to hear and see!!!! Do you need a cab to replace the Papa truck cab?? If you do shoot me a pm, I have a couple extras..

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting build to watch - I recently read an article in an old issue of a certain magazine on a DVD about doing this conversion.  Finding that your dog had chewed up the cab must have been very annoying!  I'm pleased you have kept going and have started with a fresh cab.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hope everyone is doing well, had some good bench time this weekend , got the KW on its wheels, The interior is installed , the fuel tanks mounted, lights and grille all set in place ,the bumper is temporarily mounted , the stacks are done with aluminum tubing and photo etched parts. still have a lot more to do yet . 
thanks

be safe 

23584374-0671-4EE6-9F41-C025E3A040AA.jpeg

31398FCD-4D56-4362-8C7E-5F87E8C46A8E.jpeg

DA847AE3-90AD-4DC2-A5AC-C9099F376583.jpeg

DDA1FA26-8CC2-42B1-B912-644A49E5C53A.jpeg

Edited by k100

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you all for the comments , it’s almost done waiting for the P.E. KW Emblems to arrive ,  I broke one of the handles on the front so I have raid the Papa kit again , waiting  on the Mirrors to dry  . Other than that it is done , what a nightmare it’s been putting this thing together . 
when I finish the little things up I put it under glass . 
thanks for looking 

be safe 

A0BC3A0B-B79F-403D-87F1-89023DCE9973.jpeg

822A32CB-C4C1-4109-B112-EEC83E283985.jpeg

AD422861-FC65-4E0C-BBF6-49079D447F66.jpeg

Fantastic job!!! well worth all the heart ache and effort, is the grill after market from Double Take? I need one for both my Kenworth but the site says closed, is anybody else producing Kenworth grill's and the cab fans? it really finishes off your Aerodyne a treat, really well done Mark.

Thanks guys for all the comments . 
it is finished and under glass now .

yes the grill and the fans are From Double Take sadly KJ closed up shop , has far as I know no else makes the grills & fans .

thanks for looking 

mark 

Hi Mark

Do you think he has closed permanently or is it just until the covid problem levels out a bit, I have found Kenworth grill's on the Moluminum site but they come with lots of other items that I don't need at the moment, I probably will order them in the future though as they look to be really good etchings and the other items on the fret will come in for future builds, the etched dash board and decals look good too, looking forward to following your next project, Kenworth may be ?