Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is the first year that they are holding the event in Saudi Arabia...Several years ago they had to move the race to South America because all of the stupid terrorists threats.The race began yesterday..Heres to Good luck and a safe race to all the drivers and motorcycle racers.??????????

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/27/2020 at 6:13 PM, skymnky721 said:

Great stuff guy!  I watched the dakar the other day,,I couldnt imagine riding in that race,,or erzberg trials

Oh it would be a blast, just like the Baja 1000.Flat out and open top speed....

nice work - very accurate to the real deal.

Had the pleasure of touring the KTM assembly plant in Austria a few years back and saw these touring bikes (and other models) assembled in person.  What a facility - the cleanest manufacturing plant I have ever seen, second to only to Toyota.

Love the quality control: EVERY engine is strapped to a diagnostics machine and run at WOT for full 20 minutes.  If there is a slightest vibration or RPM out of spec, then it doesn't see a bike chassis.

When the bike is completed, it is driven off the assembly line and on to a chassis dyno where it is hooked up and again ran at WOT for 15 minutes.  If everything is in spec, then its ridden (hard) out of the plant.

Would have taken pics, but we had to sign an agreement preventing us from doing so.

Thanks for sharing your model!

• 3 weeks later...