Model Cars Magazine Forum

Back to the Future...

That is for a medium-size rear-facing TV that has a feed from a rear-view camera. Following drivers would be self-conscious seeing themselves on the TV, which should minimize tailgating and other aggressive behavior. At the least, they'll move away from the camera.

Edited by SSNJim

I approve all of these neat styling studies. This fragmented dystopian look is being popularized by Ash Thorpe, Aaron Beck, and Khyzl Saleem. I can see the influences of their work in video games, films...and even real custom car builds at SEMA etc.  Weird stuff sometimes, but I've always liked cyberpunk.

I like the Ferrari F40 vibes I'm getting from it.

Cool. Hopefully has motor better than PRV 6.

For all the haters, time attack cars are stupid fast, get snot pounded out of them. The "entertainment center" adds downforce for cornering. No real rules about that so people go nuts. Ugly but effective. More useful than a red pro-street Camaro that can't go straight for 1/8mi.

Oldest time attack race is Pike's Peak. So much older than you. ;) The Audi in first pic is from '87. Factory built. Owned record at PP for ages. 

Hate away, free to do so. LOL. Go to a Mustang/Porsche/Vette board and do same, or friends living room. For the rest of us open-minded that like this stuff, here ya go. 

Image result for audi sport quattro s1 evo 1 pikes peakImage result for time attack carsimage.jpeg.8b8abe86c526c6fcb7e5fbd246a64e1f.jpegimage.jpeg.1d701bf5313397832d815372dc6ff459.jpegimage.jpeg.51e732515663b10e030206ff464b2bcb.jpegImage result for time attack carsImage result for time attack carsImage result for time attack carsImage result for time attack cars

1 hour ago, DukeE said:

Cool. Hopefully has motor better than PRV 6.

For all the haters, time attack cars are stupid fast, get snot pounded out of them. The "entertainment center" adds downforce for cornering. No real rules about that so people go nuts. Ugly but effective. More useful than a red pro-street Camaro that can't go straight for 1/8mi.

Oldest time attack race is Pike's Peak. So much older than you. ;) The Audi in first pic is from '87. Factory built. Owned record at PP for ages. 

Hate away, free to do so. LOL. Go to a Mustang/Porsche/Vette board and do same, or friends living room. For the rest of us open-minded that like this stuff, here ya go. 

Dude! The original poster said "this is what the Delorean should have been". My comments were directed towards that statement. If he said this Delorean is a great race car (never heard of time attack cars) I probably would have agreed. Don't call anyone haters because they are responding to the original statement in the original post.

6 minutes ago, peter31a said:

Dude! The original poster said "this is what the Delorean should have been". My comments were directed towards that statement. If he said this Delorean is a great race car (never heard of time attack cars) I probably would have agreed. Don't call anyone haters because they are responding to the original statement in the original post.

Hey, that was not directed at you. I agree that the car was a mess, certainly not a race car. Sorry if you felt it was personal, it is not. Yours was a cogent comment. Not hateful at all. Thanks. 

9 minutes ago, Bainford said:

WHAT!?!

Well, in that it was fibreglass car made with Lotus production techniques and engineering on a Lotus-designed steel backbone chassis and Colin Chapman suspension set-up, and driven by a Renault engine... It feels a bit as though the Esprit was the pur sang replacement for the Europa, and the de Lorean was Chapman dusting off a redundant "here's one I made earlier" and moulding it to de Lorean's requirements to make a bit of cash (and the less said about that the better...).

best,

M.

PRV was boat anchor, and hung behind the wheels seems anti-Lotus. Backbone chassis sure, hence Tesla, Hennessey using Loti chassis. Probably a cynical money grab for Chapman trying to pay for race cars, which is a good thing. Lotus actually got paid for their work IIRC. 

Sadly, last Lotus I liked was 26R, and I owned an 83 Esprit Turbo with pressurized SU's back in '85, which is why 26R is last one I liked.