Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO International K8

Thanks Kerry. As I am putting the finishing touches on it I have a question for you experts. Did they have air brakes back then? I imagine they did to stop a trailer with a load, they would have needed brakes on the trailer too.

DSC_0002.JPG

Edited by landman

9 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

That looks great!! Excellent work!!

Pat, I'm no expert, but from what I understand many of the strait trucks had hydraulic and vacuum assist but the K-8 and KB-8 road tractors had air brakes. I know that air brakes were available.

Thanks Brian, i'll give it two hoses and a wire. I don't think I'll worry with the chambers at this stage. Would there be a pogo stick or would the connectors hang behind the cab?

I've seen some pictures of restored trucks with pogo sticks, but the only original image that I could find looked like the hose were hanging from below the back window on the cab. With it being a short wheelbase worker, I would probably hang them off the cab, but I don't think that either way would be incorrect.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...