Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dale Earnhardt Race Car Transporter Decal Set???

impcon

Just wondering if anyone produces and after market decal set for a 1/25 Dale Earnhardt Sr transporter trailer and truck? I know nothing much about NASCAR but a friend of mine collects anything Earnhardt Sr. related and he was wondering about building a 1/25 truck and trailer combination for his collection. Was there ever an Earnhardt version of a race car transporter issued in styrene? If not, are there any aftermarket sources for such a decal set that anyone is aware of? Any help will be appreciated.

Edited by impcon
spelling error

There was a styrene version but it was 1/32 scale(1992 issue) and had stickers instead of waterslide decals.  I have one packed away in the stash somewhere.

snaptite-32-dale-earnhardt-goodwrench_1_1bab64599b423e748ab25acd3046bc46.jpg

It might be possible to scan the stickers and upscale to 1:25 then print on decal paper.

Edited by Ironman63

21 hours ago, Ironman63 said:

There was a styrene version but it was 1/32 scale(1992 issue) and had stickers instead of waterslide decals.  I have one packed away in the stash somewhere.

snaptite-32-dale-earnhardt-goodwrench_1_1bab64599b423e748ab25acd3046bc46.jpg

It might be possible to scan the stickers and upscale to 1:25 then print on decal paper.

Thanks Mark.. Does the trailer by any chance have opening doors?

3 hours ago, ranma said:

Gary, I had one of those years ago when they first was out . As I remember the trailer does have an opening door plus a complete interior. Monogram also made his car in 1/32 scale to go with them.

Thanks Rick, I'll advise my friend of this - it's likely the sensible way to go about him having a transportation setup to display with his collection of Earnhardt memorabilia.

One thing that model car manufacturers and decal making companies have to consider is the licensing fees that the sponsors charge to use their name. Probably not an issue for someone to make one set, but I doubt you'll find a decal company offering such a specialized sheet.

I'm a retired graphic designer and can reproduce just about any graphics to scale, but it can be tedious and very time-consuming. I've made my own decals for a while and just ordered the Decal Maker's Value Package from MicroMark. It has the capability of printing white so I'll be able to make decals for dark colored models.

SmallShambles.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well, Bud.... I don't think there was ever anything truck transport related made in "plastic" for NASCAR, BUT; You may want to try die cast models.... There have been many models made by "Brookfield Collector's Guild"...

Like these... I purchased these off ebay, and for very reasonable prices.... Make sure you research as much as possible before you purchase.... Some are asking way too much money for some of this stuff...

And they're all 1/24 and 1/25 scales.... Most come complete with cars...

################################20190506_075001.jpg

#####s-l1600 (28).jpg

####s-l1600 (28).jpg

Edited by kilrathy10