Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is a restoration I did five or so years ago. Most of the work was done on the front end. I opened the grille and header panel, replaced the molded in headlights, separated the grille and bumper and added a splash pan. The hood emblems, door scripts and filler neck were removed. I replaced the glue blob kit engine with one from a '57 Thunderbird. But, I kept the original three carb setup. The headers are from a '56 Fairlane. I added a few details under hood to liven it up a bit. The paint is Tamiya Medium Green (I think) with a coat of Testors Dull Cote and a coat of wax. I actually had the paint polished. But, it just didn't look "right". Wheels are Pegasus. Tires are Revell Good Year SCS's with painted whitewalls.

49330862232_b944f92496_b.jpg

49330165883_9c68b618f6_b.jpg

49330628041_b2676caa31_b.jpg

49330843902_9f7c20c947_b.jpg

49330618256_bfdfb5ebf8_b.jpg

49330614411_8bd8f2d1dc_b.jpg

49330833587_1fb13ae3f8_b.jpg

Thanx for checking it out! 

• Like 2

Curious to know how the rear glass fit?? I purchased vacuum formed glass from eBay (2 sets, in case a thumb print full of glue got on one) and didn't fit the resin body all that great. I used clear packaging from an item I purchased!! It was the right "gauge" and very pliable. Getting the shape and bend was a challenge. Not great but,.... Anyways your build is very cool, wheels rock that truck!!

IMG_4320.JPG

On 1/9/2020 at 8:04 AM, James2 said:

Nicely done. I don't know if it's the fine, clean building style or you camera setting, but that right there is a superb model....

Thanx James! I don't have a camera any longer. I take my photos with a little 7" Samsung tablet.

17 hours ago, Lorne said:

Curious to know how the rear glass fit?? I purchased vacuum formed glass from eBay (2 sets, in case a thumb print full of glue got on one) and didn't fit the resin body all that great. 

It fit as close to perfect as one could ask for as it's from the kit. The problem with vacuum formed glass is that it's always bigger than the kit piece and it usually has what I refer to as stretch marks. Your issue was probably compounded by having a thicker resin body also. I ran into that with a resin '61 Falcon.