Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO 2020 Mystery build

19 hours ago, NothingAsFineAsaW9 said:

Aye Matey I put on my pirates patch over one eye that causes the other eye to focus more then build hehehehe.

JK Kerry very carefully very very carefully.

Thanks for checking in now let the fun begin.

Need to teach me how to do that!!! Focus I mean!!

Okay a little more progress on mini beast with sanding c I'll Ming up soon in no rush to get it done rather be slow and look good than rushed and looking like garbage. 

Trimmed it from it's resin base trimmed the tires also still need to file down the nubs from where the frame and wheels were attached. 

Test fit the axle and tires had to trim the axle to get the tires under the edge of the trailer. 

But slowly plugging along. 

Onto the pics hopefully their in order depends on my phone. 

Until next update Toodles 

IMG_20200210_233524.jpg

IMG_20200210_233505.jpg

IMG_20200210_233118.jpg

IMG_20200210_233743.jpg

IMG_20200210_233749.jpg

IMG_20200210_233853.jpg

That is really small Vince, but very interesting to see how you manage this little one.

2 hours ago, DrKerry said:

Cutting tires from sprue and.... ping.... boing..... rap..... tap tap tap...…. And then the long.... UGGGGHHHHHHHHHH Now where did "THAT" one go????? LMBO...…..

I was also thinking of that......I'm still missing some small parts of some finished projects.??

Hermann.

• 4 weeks later...

Back to square 1

Talked to Doc K last week. 

Anyways this project goes from bad to worse. 

A few years back I was run off the road by an intoxicated driver that caused me to roll my tractor trailer upside down. 

This left me with nerve issue's in my hands so last night I was working on my Diamond T and had severe spasms in my hands.

This is the result of those spasms see pic below. 

Not sure where I go from here the trailer ended up just as bad. 

And the cab is not fixable due to its small size. 

IMG_20200306_133604.jpg

Edited by Vince66

Thanks DT71 problem is this resin looks like glass internally and the cab and sleeper just shattered when my hand clamped down. 

As they say Shhhhhhhh it happens.

Just need to figure out where to go from now as I can't do the n scale.

• 4 weeks later...

Turned out nice Vince!! Great to see ya finish her up!! You and I have different effects. Yours hands clamp up and mine loosen their grip and I drop stuff, all the darn time!! I’ve dropped quite a few finished models at shows and home. Lost one completely and rebuilt the others.. Good to see you pulled this one back in!!

• 2 months later...

Okay so after mini Diamond T and some time away from building due to my hand issue's. 

And now forced to lose a little extra weight so I can have both knee's replaced one at a time. 

I was painting tonight and came across a 1/87 HO scale build that hasn't seen the light of day in a long time. 

So thought I would add it to my 2020 BRBO builds .

So here we go an athearn Freightliner FLA or is it B anyhow found some 50's Aqua so shot the trucks frame and cab with this color need to go in and putty a spot on the roof I missed oh well. 

Will get hooked to a pair of 28 foot doubles one exterior post and the other a smoothside both wedge trailers. 

Once I re-putty the roof and after the aqua has had a chance to cure.

I'll be painting the cab stripes, rims,  hunter green and trimming the cab stripes in white pinstripes.

Unless I change my mind, considering giving the truck wobblies aka daytons. 

Have a lot of detail parts for this beast including fibre optic lighting.

And the Diamond T will be posted in under glass soon no trailer can't work on n scale anymore. 

Onto the pics. 

Sheesh that Mustang just sneaks in everywhere lol. 

Toodles enjoy y'all. I 

IMG_20200621_005041.jpg

IMG_20200621_005049.jpg

IMG_20200621_005036.jpg

IMG_20200621_005045.jpg

IMG_20200621_005108.jpg

IMG_20200621_005146.jpg

IMG_20200621_005224.jpg

IMG_20200621_005304.jpg

Edited by Vince66