Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Accomplish Today? (Model Car Work)

Got three Grumpy's Toys Pro Stocks almost ready for paint. The hardest one was the Camaro, tried for years to fit a 1/24 Revell Pro stock chassis into a 1/25 MPC Camaro body , it ain't gonna happen. Found the AMT Snapfast  Pro Street Camaro kit and the chassis/ wheels and interior dropped right in the MPC Camaro body. Curb side but that's okay. 

Grumpy's toys.JPG

1 hour ago, magicmustang said:

Got three Grumpy's Toys Pro Stocks almost ready for paint. The hardest one was the Camaro, tried for years to fit a 1/24 Revell Pro stock chassis into a 1/25 MPC Camaro body , it ain't gonna happen. Found the AMT Snapfast  Pro Street Camaro kit and the chassis/ wheels and interior dropped right in the MPC Camaro body. Curb side but that's okay. 

Grumpy's toys.JPG

VERY cool project, keep us updated on these! 

2 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

The '58 Buick interior/dash arrived and it's a good fit in the '57 body after a few trims, so I did some more resurfacing and reshaping on the roof and the seams atop the fenders to help bring the body from toy to model. Next I'll start hitting those epic sink marks...

That is going to be a beautiful model.

2 hours ago, afx said:

Modified the AMT Snap Kit to accept the Revell 1/25 scale parts for a possible Cuda project. I know a Hemi wasn't available in '74.

DSCN7564

Cool project! I've been working "at" one of these kits off and on for a decade. The sticking point for me is I haven't figured out how to make more accurate/realistic headlight buckets, and I just can't stand what the kit gives you to work with. :unsure:

I made some casts of the Willys door panels and the bead lock rings. I added pegs at the door corners so I would have something to hang on to while sanding the backside smooth. Turns out they aren’t really needed...oh well.🤔

D892F810-91DE-4CC7-8AF1-20E05FA578B9.jpeg

CA671D02-3A8C-4902-B0C2-83C5442E7D90.jpeg

54818F30-F367-4502-B437-925A886A34FA.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG

18 hours ago, afx said:

Modified the AMT Snap Kit to accept the Revell 1/25 scale parts for a possible Cuda project. I know a Hemi wasn't available in '74.

DSCN7564DSCN7567DSCN7569

Lookinf forward to seeing where this goes

9355D7FF-2759-413B-9082-5C1A2A47EAD2.jpeg.b220c03bdff4522f405e551b65c90538.jpeg

I finished my Red Chariot.. Take Two, this weekend. My newest model always gets the place of honor on my family room wall unit in front of the TV.  I added the companion Blue Beetle, well because it pleases me!

CCE9310C-1A40-474C-9159-03B62C9CDD87.jpeg.eea027f54bcf90ba97938ce394e44f79.jpeg

Valiant Speedster bodywork is complete after much care and patience. Here it is in its first coats of Duplicolor Metallic Silver, shot today!

And I’m still doing bodywork on the Studebaker Gullwing. Patience!

Edited by Tom Geiger

11 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

CCE9310C-1A40-474C-9159-03B62C9CDD87.jpeg.eea027f54bcf90ba97938ce394e44f79.jpeg

Valiant Speedster bodywork is complete after much care and patience. Here it is in its first coats of Duplicolor Metallic Silver, shot today!

Glad to see you did away with the interior divider. What are you going to do for/about a windshield?