Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Accomplish Today? (Model Car Work)

Got the Cali Drag Set trailer together and in primer. Plan is to weather it a bit, like a well used trailer. Not beat up, just used.

Also started detailing the interior of a 70 and a half Baldwin Motion Camaro. And played with some Pontiac rims from the AMT 69 Trans Am kit.

20220423_164831.jpg

20220423_164849.jpg

20220423_164859.jpg

14 hours ago, ksnow said:

Got the Cali Drag Set trailer together and in primer. Plan is to weather it a bit, like a well used trailer. Not beat up, just used.

Also started detailing the interior of a 70 and a half Baldwin Motion Camaro. And played with some Pontiac rims from the AMT 69 Trans Am kit.

20220423_164831.jpg

Where did you get the trailer?

Got another trailer roughed together. This one is from the AMT 63 Chevy II wagon kit.

Also working on modifying the custom wheels from the Revell 65 stepside Chevy truck to fit the Chevy II wagon. Should look low. This is my first attempt at anything other than OOB. 

20220428_190914.jpg.7a86e9744fb3c74604a269276b92d2e1.jpg

20220428_204953.jpg

20220428_205005.jpg

• Like 2

Been pecking away at this 49 Merc while waiting for things to dry on my 67 Impala. Used a custom grill from the 53 Ford for the headlight buckets. Shaved  the thickness of the eyebrows to be more in scale. First pic is before the shave. Second is after.

Later-

20220506_220335.jpg

20220506_220345.jpg

20220506_220453.jpg

10 hours ago, CabDriver said:

What filler do you like @Brudda?

Hello CabDriver, I really like the evercoat putty. Great for models. I used a old bondo for this job. Evercoat putty is the best on models for me. I have been in the body repair business since 1969. Seen a lot of changes in this trade. The paints and fillers have come along way. They are much more expensive but work so much better. Evercoat putty does not shrink. Sands nice. I use a acid etch primer on the putty and car body. It bites into the filler and plastic or metal. This stuff is not cheap but works. I use automotive products on my builds. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brudda said:

Hello CabDriver, I really like the evercoat putty. Great for models. I used a old bondo for this job. Evercoat putty is the best on models for me. I have been in the body repair business since 1969. Seen a lot of changes in this trade. The paints and fillers have come along way. They are much more expensive but work so much better. Evercoat putty does not shrink. Sands nice. I use a acid etch primer on the putty and car body. It bites into the filler and plastic or metal. This stuff is not cheap but works. I use automotive products on my builds. 

Interesting!  I’d seen that you used automotive products (with great results)…thanks for the info!! 

6 minutes ago, JollySipper said:

That looks really good......... I like the color and the finish looks nice!

Thanks m8! I also glued the glass in so if I get an hour or so to morrow I guess it will get done 🙂 I just had to do a super simple one, and a snap kit fitted that bil 😉

Three builds underway...

Some decals on the 1/72 Gee Bee...

photo-vi.jpg

Tamiya 1998 WRC Subaru Impreza, Body on ready for decals...

photo-vi.jpg

Decisions, decisions, looking at what wheels to put on the new Surfite 2..

photo1-vi.jpg

Yes it might be Centrelines, as with my lowered Meyers Manx.

Update..

The Gee Bee has only one extra decal on each side, the other decals are damaged and the red paint is too dark to add any further.

photo-vi.jpg

The Subaru decals are coming along. I had to use a hole punch on the roof decals to open up holes over aerial posts. I just need to add wipers, aerials, paint side indicators and build and mount front auxiliary lamps. My gold paint in a tin is old so I used sunshine yellow on the wheels.

photo1-vi.jpg

Edited by PatW

12.05.22 Update, decals on some covered with clear gloss as they dried out super fast and started to fall off. Found a match to light my tea light, used flame to stretch some clear sprue to make three aerials. I added door mirrors and wipers, will paint front side indictors tomorrow.

photo1-vi.jpg

Edited by PatW