Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sam I Am

Dust Collector Trade Thread

The Olds has been traded.

Edited by Plowboy

I would be interested in this.

P.M. to follow.

Bob

I've yet to get digging in my stash to see what I can find to offer up...

48 minutes ago, Plowboy said:

Next project for trade is this JoHan '62 Olds Cutlass. It's missing the carburetor, air cleaner, fan belt, generator and radiator hose. Those are what I'm aware of. What's in the photo is what there is. Nothing more. No glue damage to the body and all parts are loose. 

20200115_085424-1.jpg.2453f7bba2fd75e8535233ff680ad09f.jpg

20200115_085601-1-1.jpg.24b4a5fbbada7f1363fb1ef1a1ebf765.jpg

20200115_085628-1-1.jpg.d268dcc9befe148513fab357b2f42200.jpg

I've been wanting one of these too. i just missed it 😁

7 minutes ago, Scott8950 said:

I've been wanting one of these too. i just missed it 😁

It's still available. 

9 minutes ago, Plowboy said:

It's still available. 

it looked like eastown claimed it. i definitely wouldn't want to jump in front of someone.

if he doesn't claim it then im intrested.

Edited by Scott8950

1 hour ago, Scott8950 said:

it looked like eastown claimed it. i definitely wouldn't want to jump in front of someone.

if he doesn't claim it then im intrested.

He lives in Canada. I can't do international shipping locally.

5 minutes ago, Plowboy said:

He lives in Canada. I can't do international shipping locally.

claimed...

Next project up for trade is this '60 Lincoln. The body is ready for primer. It's missing the hood emblem. I left the hole for it open in case I found one. The wing glass frames have been repaired and I added styrene at the rear of the cowl to make the windshield frame complete. I also lengthened the interior tub in front of the front seat. But, never did get back around to adding the floor pan/trans tunnel. It does come with all four Lancer wheel covers. The rear bumper has a couple of glue spots where a Continental kit once was. Easily sanded smooth.

20200115_102140-1.jpg.c20ccc76e11d3ec8a1b151f6b3f91cc7.jpg

20200115_102208-1.jpg.085b06ca24916ae015250ef9a844747b.jpg

20200115_102339-1.jpg.f3b263062d71284639ada8955b49e3b4.jpg

I can only ship lower 48.

20 minutes ago, Plowboy said:

Next project up for trade is this '60 Lincoln. The body is ready for primer. It's missing the hood emblem. I left the hole for it open in case I found one. The wing glass frames have been repaired and I added styrene at the rear of the cowl to make the windshield frame complete. I also lengthened the interior tub in front of the front seat. But, never did get back around to adding the floor pan/trans tunnel. It does come with all four Lancer wheel covers. The rear bumper has a couple of glue spots where a Continental kit once was. Easily sanded smooth.

20200115_102140-1.jpg.c20ccc76e11d3ec8a1b151f6b3f91cc7.jpg

20200115_102208-1.jpg.085b06ca24916ae015250ef9a844747b.jpg

20200115_102339-1.jpg.f3b263062d71284639ada8955b49e3b4.jpg

Its a shame you wont post aver sea's. I would love to get my hands on this

Plowboy, I'd be interested in the Lincoln. PM coming.

Sam I Am and I have worked out a deal for my 62 Chevy wagon. It is no longer available.

Later-

I have a few I'd consider trading as I'd like to see them finished and I doubt I'll get around to them.

1) MPC '57 Corvette. I had planned to make this with a 4 link rear end. It was over my head. I believe that someone offers a 4 link setup in PE. It may be the way to go. Included are the front suspension pieces to make it work (in the baggie on top of frame, 3rd pic). The chrome on the rear wheels is bad and I used aluminum tubing for the rear axle.

2) Revell 2006 Corvette. It is my understanding that this body style went to 2013. This was to be my homage as a 50th anniversary car. Most of the parts not intended for the body are still in sealed bags.

3) Tamiya 1/12 Virago. I got this kit from a member of a different forum with a bunch of other stuff. It was a replica of a bike he owned. I was going to try to finish it and send it back to him. That was about 15 years ago or so. It's now to the point it is too small for me to work on. My eyes aren't what they used to be and I have a hard time with smallish kits like this.

I can give a more detailed description of any of these and supply more pics.

PM me if you are interested please.

tradestuf4 008.jpg

tradestuf4 009.jpg

tradestuf4 010.jpg

tradestuf4 005.jpg

tradestuf4 006.jpg

tradestuf4 007.jpg

On 1/15/2020 at 7:16 AM, DrKerry said:

Get to digging! Lol!!

Later-

On 1/15/2020 at 12:56 PM, Plowboy said:

Why is that Roger? 

All you gotta do is put it an a box and mail it, same as mailing it to anywhere in "the lower 48", 

Yes, there is a form to fill out. Asks what's in the box, to which you put "toy model car" and the value,, which is whatever you put on it.

Pretty sure it doesn't cost much more and I'm also pretty sure whoever your sending the model to would be happy to pay postage, if asked.

Or am I missing something here?

BTW, should add,, not trying to be confrontational, just curious as I've heard this several times.

Edited by Can-Con

3 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Pretty sure it doesn't cost much more

My 53222 zip to 10101 (New York) , 2 pound package, $10.30 for USPS Priority

My 53222 zip to Wilmot, New Brunswick, Canada, 2 pound package, $37.05

Sending if First Class to Canada means the package is uninsured, and if you take it to USPS to ship it, tracking is not available. Not a good idea. Cost is $17.25  To the UK? $57.25 or $24 for First Class.

Trading a project for a kit (just as an example), then spending another $17 on shipping doesn't make much sense economically, unless that kit has a $20+ value, is hard to find, etc.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

My 53222 zip to 10101 (New York) , 2 pound package, $10.30 for USPS Priority

My 53222 zip to Wilmot, New Brunswick, Canada, 2 pound package, $37.05

Sending if First Class to Canada means the package is uninsured, and if you take it to USPS to ship it, tracking is not available. Not a good idea. Cost is $17.25  To the UK? $57.25 or $24 for First Class.

Trading a project for a kit (just as an example), then spending another $17 on shipping doesn't make much sense economically, unless that kit has a $20+ value, is hard to find, etc.

I agree, shipping is ridiculous. That's why I usually don't trade unless it's something I can't get locally or REALLY want.

But, if you're getting your prices off the USPS website, I highly doubt their accuracy.

LMKCo originally charged me $26.50 shipping to send my chrome back, quoted off the post office website.  After they actually mailed it, Dale refunded me almost $12 back. The website was off by that much.

Nevertheless, it still cost me a little more [almost $20 CDN, a little over $15 USD] to ship it to him than for him to ship it back. 

And if the person you're shipping to is paying the cost, then well??

BUT ANYWAY ,, like I said, I was curious and you answered my question. 

Thank you Casey.

Edited by Can-Con

6 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Why is that Roger? 

All you gotta do is put it an a box and mail it, same as mailing it to anywhere in "the lower 48", 

Yes, there is a form to fill out. Asks what's in the box, to which you put "toy model car" and the value,, which is whatever you put on it.

Pretty sure it doesn't cost much more and I'm also pretty sure whoever your sending the model to would be happy to pay postage, if asked.

Or am I missing something here?

BTW, should add,, not trying to be confrontational, just curious as I've heard this several times.

My local post office stopped offering international shipping (no customs forms) due to lack of demand a couple of years ago.

To ship international, I would have to drive to the next town  (35 minutes each way) Add $10 in gas and it gets rediculous quick. 

I can't ask someone to cover my time and expense. At the same time, I can't/won't spend the extra time and money to ship a kit. 

20 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Get to digging! Lol!!

Later-

Need a pick axe, a shovel, back hoe...... oh!! And a stick of dyn-O-mite!!!! Lol

31 minutes ago, DrKerry said:

Need a pick axe, a shovel, back hoe...... oh!! And a stick of dyn-O-mite!!!! Lol

Whatever it takes. I'm dyin' to see some.

Later-

On 1/15/2020 at 10:16 AM, DrKerry said:

wasn't it you that has/had the sc rambler gasser? 😁 that might be a nice piece to offer... 😁😁😁

56 minutes ago, DrKerry said:

500369224_NkNBNTFDQ0ZCMzcyOThEREEyRDU6NDFmMzYwOGY5OGNlYjlkYWM3YThmOGIxOGE0MTk0Mzg6Ojo6OjA.jpeg.c5b00d9cdbe9b5b6743abfd0150b719c.jpeg

Edited by Oldcarfan27

15 hours ago, Plowboy said:

My local post office stopped offering international shipping (no customs forms) due to lack of demand a couple of years ago.

To ship international, I would have to drive to the next town  (35 minutes each way) Add $10 in gas and it gets rediculous quick. 

I can't ask someone to cover my time and expense. At the same time, I can't/won't spend the extra time and money to ship a kit. 

Holy cow! 

Whatever happened to "neither rain, nor snow, nor gloom of night", eh? 

They're getting almost as bad as Canada Post. 😕

20 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

Holy cow! 

Whatever happened to "neither rain, nor snow, nor gloom of night", eh? 

They're getting almost as bad as Canada Post. 😕

They've changed their policies. If our road has even just a dusting of snow covering it, they don't deliver. 

To do customs forms, you need to be able to print purchase from USPS.com. Discount prices (sorta) and automatically generate customs forms.