Model Cars Magazine Forum

First completion of the year, it's the 1/25 Trumpeter 1965 Ranchero built box stock apart from slight lowering and parts box wheels and tyres. Paint is Tamiya Metallic Red with a Transparent Red clearcoat. I know this series of kits got slammed in the US, but it looks cool in my display and was a pleasure to build.

20200108_100114.jpg.ce4eeb8e836419948160c4bdd03bb33a.jpg20200108_100157.jpg.81387c37cb5b4da74061534049978540.jpg20200108_100209.jpg.c2c0076b64b45537c95a19842cc63050.jpg20200108_100231.jpg.b404e6e5dbbf87ed07f202f87337b5ee.jpg

Edited by maltsr

Lovely UTE there ! Great craftsmanship on that much-chided kit --- great colour choices !

* does anyone make a resin copy of the engine compartment of this kit ? The AMT 1960 Ranchero could use it .

* P.S. : Not adding this as means to hijack your thread . I apologise beforehand if it turns into that .

Great looking Ranchero. You mentioned this kit getting slammed here. I think the only major issue would be the duel gas caps, one in each rear quarter panel. A minor error on the part of Trumpeter but very easily corrected. Your paint work looks very nice and clean along with the trim. 

Very nicely done Ranchero! I have the same kit and I'm building it in a bit similar direction so I really like what you did with yours. The overall look just works - the paint, wheel & tire choice, stance etc look just right. Really nice work!

Nice work!  I need to pick one up.

19 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

* does anyone make a resin copy of the engine compartment of this kit ? The AMT 1960 Ranchero could use it .

* P.S. : Not adding this as means to hijack your thread . I apologise beforehand if it turns into that .

The '60-61 Ranchero could use the entire chassis from this kit!

The AMT '67 Mustang has a nice chassis under it with a similar engine compartment.

41 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Nice work!  I need to pick one up.

The '60-61 Ranchero could use the entire chassis from this kit!

The AMT '67 Mustang has a nice chassis under it with a similar engine compartment.

Some time ago, I did a quick check of the 1/24 scale Monogram '66 Mustang chassis under the Trumpeter Falcon and Ranchero.  IIRC it looked like nearly a drop fit under the Falcon. That chassis was a little short for the Ranchero but looked like it wouldn't take much work to fit.

• 2 weeks later...