Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Datsun BRE 240Z

carro

New year, new project. This one I picked up a Couple of years ago And finally decided to dig it out and get started on it. Im building it box stock, I dont know how acurate it is to the actual 1/1 but I'll give it my best shot. The body seems to need a lot of cleaning up and rescribing of most panel lines and also removing Emblems ect.. First I will start with cleaning up the chassis and the Firewall 

Everything I marked with the Black marker.

a%3EFXutPTP.jpg

TS8x7BN.jpg

HSm9LCA.jpg

QDxmPv3.jpg

I also Stripped all the chrome parts ecxept for the wheels. And glued the engine block together.

K61op3L.jpg

dVKfo0C.jpg

IM also drilling the Weber carburetors before starting the painting process, and also thinking of adding ignition wires. I dont intend to finish this kit soon, just hope I can finish it before this year is over. If anybody built this kit or has some tips or criticism please post. Thank you.

PFn6hLf.jpg

I also have this kit in-progress but it hasn't been out of its box and worked on for several months now.

Two things I do seem to remember from previous builds of this kit I did year's ago...

1) The track-width of the completed front suspension runs a little wide with the front tires sticking outside of the front fenders; I wanna try to narrow-it-up on my work-in-progress.

2)  That front suspension also sits a bit high making the finished build have a nose-up stance to it.

Looks like you already have the engine going together well. You had mentioned your concern with acracy, perhaps a Google search would help with some images of the 1:1 car. I built a model of the teams 510 car they raced early on and found several images on Google that helped. Another thing to remember is your building a model of a car built for competition and by nature some of the features and configurations change from one venue to the next so who is to say what you build is dead on accurate. I look forward to seeing your build. 

On 1/7/2020 at 6:20 PM, '70 Grande said:

I also have this kit in-progress but it hasn't been out of its box and worked on for several months now.

Two things I do seem to remember from previous builds of this kit I did year's ago...

1) The track-width of the completed front suspension runs a little wide with the front tires sticking outside of the front fenders; I wanna try to narrow-it-up on my work-in-progress.

2)  That front suspension also sits a bit high making the finished build have a nose-up stance to it.

Thank you! I will see if i can sand the inner wheels so they can go in some more. Also have to figure out how to lower it a bit.

On 1/7/2020 at 6:55 PM, DukeE said:

Both front and rear suspensions sit really high. Built a few, had some 1:1's. Both tracks a bit wide, front more than rear.  Fun kit. 

Thank you! I already painted and glued the rear suspension together, have to see how to tackle it without undoing too much of what I have done.

On 1/7/2020 at 7:16 PM, Belugawrx said:

Yep what they said..

I have mine sitting in a box somewhere..headlights filled, body painted and decalled....

Dry fitting is your friend with this kit Rad 

Thanks! Will do!