Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Chrysler 300B

THarrison351

This is a slightly damaged Danbury Mint 1956 Chrysler 300B I recently acquired from eBay. The seller listed it as having a broken rear bumper and antenna.  I could see the mirror was damaged too.

bumper-vi.jpg

Antenna-vi.jpg

They were, but the left grill and left rear wheel spinner and center hub came off in shipping.  Also, helpful hint to those that ship diecast with loose parts, don't throw them in the trunk or interior. Put them in a plastic bag. I didn't think I would ever get the antenna out from under the trunk liner. All the loose parts were easy fixes and this one is a detailed beauty! These suckers usually go for well over $100. I've never even seen one of these come in my price range of less than $50, but I threw a low ball number at the last second and reached beyond my limit to $57.56 and won by .56. I'm pretty happy with it . The rear bumper's not perfect, but you can hardly see it.

Right-vi.jpg

Front-vi.jpg

Rear-vi.jpg

Trunk-vi.jpg

Interior-vi.jpg

Engine-vi.jpg

I've got about 14 more new to me mint diecast that I'll  be cleaning and repairing soon. I'm off to the Great White North (Yellowknife) this weekend for some cold weather testing. So they'll have to wait for a couple of weeks. I did get a 40 Ford Hot Rod, and two 48 Chrysler Town and Country's, one from each Mint cleaned and polished. I'll be posting them next.

Edited by THarrison351

Nice save!  I'm waiting on a red 57 300 to arrive now.  I hope I scored a deal on it - we'll see.  From an auction site that doesn't always have photos, but usually has real collectors selling off.  Then I'll have a 55 (welly), 56 (Moebius), and the Franklin Mint 57.   I wanted the franklin just because wire wheels.  I detailed (Snake-fu'ed) the 55, but it will never be a Mint car up close.  But across the room, it's okay.   

Your bumper repair looks great.   Can't wait to see more of these new cars you have.