Model Cars Magazine Forum

David Hobbs Torino

yellowsportwagon

This is a heavily massaged Revell Torino on an AMT TBIRD chassis. Wheelwells were opened up and the fronts flared.The side window area was enlarged. It never looked right to me. Fuel filler and overflow added. Bumpers narrowed a lot. What a pain! Front tucked a little back tucked a lot.. Lobographix Decals.

DA583DBF-A965-4F0E-8A0D-80423F096A95.jpeg

4EDFF81E-A3AE-4685-97BD-8CCD0FA971B6.jpeg

C7F55831-DA8C-4B5F-ABF7-6788495B52B5.jpeg

D22E66F6-AC4A-423A-8705-8ADCFD3AA1AE.jpeg

10E18850-A1A2-463D-9826-0845F269BBB7.jpeg

15 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

Great job mating body to chassis. Excellent build as usual . Starsky and Hutch kit by any chance?

15 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

Great job mating body to chassis. Excellent build as usual . Starsky and Hutch kit by any chance?

The newer release . The one with the blue car on the box 

2 hours ago, MarkJ said:

Man, I wished I had waited now. 

The S&H red plastic is not really a problem. A coat of silver, then white and then custom light blue.....covered fine. The white is better....but I could not wait!!!! I wanted this kit since the real car was built!!! Forgive my photo of my build...but want to show red plastic is not the problem some feel......Thx

ELLIOTTTORINO9.JPG

1 hour ago, Dave Van said:

The S&H red plastic is not really a problem. A coat of silver, then white and then custom light blue.....covered fine. The white is better....but I could not wait!!!! I wanted this kit since the real car was built!!! Forgive my photo of my build...but want to show red plastic is not the problem some feel......Thx

ELLIOTTTORINO9.JPG

Boy some of those old Monogram reds were terrible to deal with.I think they used dyes in those rather than pigments.

Looks great!! And you are right about the side windows. Revell made the trim om the door and 1/2 too thick. That trim is merely 1/64 thick on the top. The bumper guards are hideous and incorrect and removing them is a PITA.

Best thing for this kit is what you have done.

On 1/17/2020 at 8:49 AM, Wm David Green said:

Fantastic models, Tim Stevens and Dave Van, vast improvements on the stock S&H kit.

Might have to get one now that I know they look cool as NASCAR conversions.

Thank you, Gentlemen.

David G.

David , check your private messages for my S&H conversion.