Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell USA 2020 car kit news

Mr. Metallic

Well, since the old thread on this topic got locked  I feel it's important to have a thread dedicated to this topic that we can still use openly. The old one didn't really contain much info on Revell USA announcements, just the Revell Germany (European market) announcement. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Well, since the old thread on this topic got locked  I feel it's important to have a thread dedicated to this topic that we can still use openly. The old one didn't really contain much info on Revell USA announcements, just the Revell Germany (European market) announcement. 

Well to be fair that's because it was a RevellAG 2020 thread that got hijacked like a Libyan Airliner.

5 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Well to be fair that's because it was a Revell AG 2020 thread that got hijacked like a Libyan Airliner.

:D. Shot down like a Ukrainian one. Sadly, the hijacker never learned, kept coming back.

Don't. Feed. Trolls. They make us all dumber. 

Hope we hear something soon

On 1/10/2020 at 4:11 PM, niteowl7710 said:

Well to be fair that's because it was a RevellAG 2020 thread that got hijacked like a Libyan Airliner.

Doesn't say that in the title. All it says is Revell 2020

Regardless, now we have a thread dedicated to Revell USA releases for 2020. Anyone feel free to start the actual discussion? Or is there no discussion to be had since there is no formal announcement yet?

What about hold-over from 2019 that didn't make it? Is there anything?

'29 roadster is the only thing I can think of even mentioned for 2020, which has been confirmed by Ed Sexton, but no formal release date having been announced.

Keeping in mind of course, that most manufacturers of things don't release their entire year's plan immediately. Quarterly announcements or monthly announcements are the norm. 

So if it hasn't been announced in the first 13 days of January, don't panic or freak out, or lament the demise, or any of that nonsense.

6 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

'29 roadster is the only thing I can think of even mentioned for 2020, which has been confirmed by Ed Sexton, but no formal release date having been announced.

My contact @ Revell in Germany has told me it should be available in March

On 1/10/2020 at 7:57 PM, DukeE said:

:D. Shot down like a Ukrainian one. Sadly, the hijacker never learned, kept coming back.

Don't. Feed. Trolls. They make us all dumber. 

Hope we hear something soon

Certain people think name calling is acceptable when their feelings get hurt.  Unfortunately, doing so only serves to reinforce the juvenile schoolyard mentality which dumbs down the group as a whole.  Clique's exist even on the internet, but when group think begins to happen because of this, you have try to mitigate it the best way possible before it becomes a good ole boy network.

Looking forward to hearing what Revell is planning for 2020 in the near future.

On 1/13/2020 at 2:44 PM, Chuck Kourouklis said:

Have to imagine the '30 coupe is coming with the Nailhead mill...

I doubt we'll see that until 2021, but I'd be delighted to be wrong.

Don't forget about the Tom Daniel Baja Bandito kit. From the tomdaniel.com website, last updated in late October 2019:

Still some issues to resolve, but the revised BAJA BANDITO is supposed to be available in July. Stay Tuned

rmxs1015alt01.jpg.077d895f7a9bcd10fc124817e49bcc81.jpg

rmxs1015alt02.jpg.1043c57e5a6fd00fc6ab8fce8428b62c.jpg

rmxs1015alt03.jpg.1e9c3c0107ef3b50c668105bc0b43767.jpg

rmxs1015alt04.jpg.04d4777642a41e3fa578bf496fa685bd.jpg

rmxs1015alt05.jpg.d9aee360b4a38778edad502f0bba6dde.jpg

Edited by Casey

3 hours ago, Casey said:

I doubt we'll see that until 2021, but I'd be delighted to be wrong.

Don't forget about the Tom Daniel Baja Bandito kit. From the tomdaniel.com website, last updated in late October 2019:

Still some issues to resolve, but the revised BAJA BANDITO is supposed to be available in July. Stay Tuned

rmxs1015alt01.jpg.077d895f7a9bcd10fc124817e49bcc81.jpg

rmxs1015alt02.jpg.1043c57e5a6fd00fc6ab8fce8428b62c.jpg

rmxs1015alt03.jpg.1e9c3c0107ef3b50c668105bc0b43767.jpg

rmxs1015alt04.jpg.04d4777642a41e3fa578bf496fa685bd.jpg

rmxs1015alt05.jpg.d9aee360b4a38778edad502f0bba6dde.jpg

Tom Daniel was saying this is dead on FB  not going to Happen , I'm sad to here that !

• 2 weeks later...

The LUV cannot be built stock.  It has been issued in the past as a 4 x 4 without the cap, a stepside, and with the cap similar to this reissue.  All of them have custom fender flairs and a V8 engine.  Could probably be reworked to look stock if you are willing to put in a little work, but I don't know where you would get a stock engine.

I'm very intrigued by the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon that's just off screen to the left of the LUV.  That box says "New Parts", I wonder if that means they've added some closer to factory stock items to the Tomb Raider kit.  The front bumper, stockish looking wheel pattern, and smaller tires hint at that possibility.  I've never gotten the T.R. kit, but I'd for certain grab a "stocker" version of that kit.

Just now, niteowl7710 said:

I'm very intrigued by the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon that's just off screen to the left of the LUV.  That box says "New Parts", I wonder if that means they've added some closer to factory stock items to the Tomb Raider kit.  The front bumper, stockish looking wheel pattern, and smaller tires hint at that possibility.  I've never gotten the T.R. kit, but I'd for certain grab a "stocker" version of that kit.

Good eye!

I am very interested in that one!

The El Camino too, will make its way into my stash.