Model Cars Magazine Forum

RIP Neil Peart

iamsuperdan

Rush has been my favorite band since 1977. Saw them 13 times, the first in May, 1978 at the Auditorium Arena in Denver. They are the closest thing to a religion, in my life, for most of my life. Much of that waas due to Neil's lyrics. They simply spoke to me. I was fine with their retirement. They earned it. This is a heartbreaking blow, for me.

On 1/10/2020 at 5:52 PM, Lunajammer said:

Sad. One of the last of the model building celebrities.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2012/02/23/rush-drummers-models

NP_1_43s_OPT.jpg

Sad. I'd run into him at Mini Grid when their shop was in Unionville Ont. He was into 1/43rd kits. Nice guy and loved to talk about building. Loved his music and his mad skills at drumming. RIP Neil.

2 hours ago, kitbash1 said:

Sad. I'd run into him at Mini Grid when their shop was in Unionville Ont. He was into 1/43rd kits. Nice guy and loved to talk about building. Loved his music and his mad skills at drumming. RIP Neil.

I remember reading somewhere Neil talking about how he used to carry a small case with him on the road, that had some tools and supplies, so that he could build. I don't recall him saying what time period that was, but, I assume it was before he began riding bicycles, then motorcycles, between gigs. Very cool that you got to meet him, and chat with him about models!