Model Cars Magazine Forum

70 Plymouth HEMI GTX 1/25 Scale

4 hours ago, charlie libby said:

what kind of tubing did use for your headers?

I did used soft aluminum craft wire. It's not as flexible as electrical solder wire but the gauge of 0.080" is perfect for 1/25 big block engine (2.00" in real life).

3 hours ago, charlie libby said:

you r amazing ,I got nuthin for ya!wow again

Thanks for your sentiments about my build Charles but you have nothing to be embarrassed based on what I saw from your current project!   Take care, Francis

• 2 months later...
On 7/21/2020 at 10:39 AM, Miss-Mopar said:

Its not too far to suggest that if you add fuel to the tank, it would fire right up and take down the competition!!! AMAZING

Thanks Keven, I am very honored to see that my GTX has this effect on you!  You are more than welcome.  Take care, Francis

You have set the bar so high with that build, I doubt anyone could ever top it.

I like every item on this car. However, my favorite is the steering wheel.  For some reason, it always makes me take a second and third look.

This car is master craftsmanship at its finest!

23 hours ago, GeeDub said:

You have set the bar so high with that build, I doubt anyone could ever top it.

I like every item on this car. However, my favorite is the steering wheel.  For some reason, it always makes me take a second and third look.

This car is master craftsmanship at its finest!

Thanks for your kind and encouraging words Glenn!

There is no denying it, there is something for everyone in this hobby and you prove it to me with your appreciation for the steering wheel... it was without a doubt the easiest part to make of all this project!  As they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

I try to push myself a little harder with each new build so even if it's a more complex project, I will try to improve many aspects of my build with my Dodge D100 pickup so I hope you'll like it too...

Take care, Francis

On 8/2/2020 at 7:27 PM, charlie libby said:

i cant stop looking at your pictures francis. trying to learn from them.

Thanks for the kind comments Charles!   I'm very honored, however, I don't think I have much to teach you from what I've seen on your 1/12 Corvette so far!   Take care, Francis

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2020 at 9:34 PM, magicmustang said:

Stunning!!! You sir, are in a class by yourself. Your model is more realistic than the car I drive.

That's hilarious!

My reaction to the photos of your model was to start laughing (quietly), because I don't think I could quite believe my eyes!  Just amazing. Thanks for posting it!

14 hours ago, Smitty said:

That's hilarious!

My reaction to the photos of your model was to start laughing (quietly), because I don't think I could quite believe my eyes!  Just amazing. Thanks for posting it!

Thanks Eric!   Glad to know that my GTX made you laugh for the reason you explained and not the other reason...  I spent a lot of hours on this car so I am happy you liked it!

Take care, Francis

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, Art Laski said:

Hi Francis, I'm so glad you put this link in your footer, as I missed this until now. What a magnificent build! Gives a great idea of what to expect as you get closer to completing your truck. Again, beautiful build!

Thanks for the kind words Art!   There is a lot of great stuff all over this forum and I have to admit that I found quite a few of it almost by luck with this feature.  It's sad that we can't include more...

Take care, Francis

• 3 months later...

Francis, your work and artistry just blows me away! Wonderful to see the photos all together, please do continue to display your other builds. All these years I have marvelled at the machining skills and equipment required and even now in my late 60s the thought comes up of trying to have a go at it.

Merci & Cheers Misha

5 hours ago, modelcarbuildermag.com said:

Please contact me about doing a feature on this model: HOTCARSmag@att.net

YES YES YES!  Roy, I am excited to see that you are reaching out to this extremely talented builder!!  If you like this build, you will be amazed at what he is working on now!!  Francis, I don’t know if you are familiar with Roy, or his fine magazine yet, but if not, you owe it to yourself to order a few copies.  Roy is one talented builder himself, and he obviously puts the same passion into his magazine.  Bravo to all!!!

Tim Slesak

On 3/24/2021 at 10:51 AM, Misha said:

Francis, your work and artistry just blows me away! Wonderful to see the photos all together, please do continue to display your other builds. All these years I have marvelled at the machining skills and equipment required and even now in my late 60s the thought comes up of trying to have a go at it.

Merci & Cheers Misha

Thanks Misha!  I try to find a balance between my job, housework, a little exercise and my favorite hobby but be sure that I will do more of my previous constructions when time permits.  It is never too late to learn about the pleasure of making parts in aluminum, brass and even styrene and be sure that I will be available (in all modesty) if you need advice my friend!

Francis

On 3/24/2021 at 11:04 AM, foghorn62 said:

YES YES YES!  Roy, I am excited to see that you are reaching out to this extremely talented builder!!  If you like this build, you will be amazed at what he is working on now!!  Francis, I don’t know if you are familiar with Roy, or his fine magazine yet, but if not, you owe it to yourself to order a few copies.  Roy is one talented builder himself, and he obviously puts the same passion into his magazine.  Bravo to all!!!

Tim Slesak

Thanks for your kind words Tim!  Unfortunately I do not know him or his publications because I spent too much time alone in my basement making my models. I have only just started to know all these talented modelers (of which you are a part) since I joined this forum.  I haven't heard back from him yet but I imagine he's a pretty busy man...  Anyway, I'm curious to know more about his magazine so I'll probably do some research on this.

Francis

5 hours ago, Evil Appetite said:

Thats just wicked. Your builds never cease to impress. Question though. You don't have to answer but I've been dying to know for years. When it's all completed, how much money have you spent on the aluminum and after market details.

Thanks a lot for you kind comments Mike!  Basically the cost of the parts I make is insignificant as I mostly use scraps that machine shops get rid of because the material is too small for them, I often pay less than the price of the metal at the pound.  What costs the most are the bolts and nuts that I do not make myself and I use very few after market parts despite having a large inventory (from another era...).  I'm going to have to do a warehouse sale...😁   Fortunately the Johan's promo body had been in my collection for decades so it didn't cost me much but that would be another story today!  I could tell it probably costs me over $100 worth of small bolts depending on the project.  On the other hand, I could not put a price on the hours invested, the model would probably cost more than a real one... even at minimum wage... 😢

Francis