Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any Interest Idea

Trendsetta68

It would be great to see this iconic Jeep in a detailed kit, but my cynical side say it makes too much sense. Round 2 is stuck on reissues after reissues of the same kits with new box art, but it's boring to see the same every two years. They art not a risk taking producer, and yes I understand the cost of making new tools but we have Moebius and JR Salvino, smaller companies that clearly understand the voids in our hobby. Hopefully we will see the day come when Round 2/ERTL took the risk and produced some new detailed subjects from the late 90's and early 2000, fantastic years for new tools.

Revell, on the other hand is still feeling their way with the investors and have come up with the occasional new tool. Hopefully they will see the value in this segment of car modelling. Let's hope there is light for something off the beaten path.

Trendsetter, I do like your rendering of the Wagoneer and hope it would inspire one of the kit companies.  

Edited by BobbyG

2 minutes ago, RichCostello said:

Revell could convert the Honcho pickup into one of these, couldn't they?

They could, but the complaints about the detail not meeting 21st Century Standards would be deafening. LOL

My opinion is that Revell could extend the tooling for a Wagoneer off the Honcho tool, include an older grill (or even two variants) and they'd have a hit. I'd buy one just to have the older grill for a backdated Honcho build.  Sadly, I do not believe that the potential sales numbers would pencil out. I do still hope that we will get one someday.

9 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

I'd love to see one of the later Grand Wagoneers in 1/25th. 

It would be super easy to include both early and late grille options in a kit, as the body itself didn't change. It's an easy swap in the 1:1, so the kit should be the same. 

Heck, with a little front end engineering, even the original front end would be achievable on the same kit.\

wag4.jpg.5e5d5eae9865ef3e4ad1564ba834b3d7.jpg

wag3.jpg.1a1919a413b3bd0b89cd9c7354929867.jpg

wag2.jpg.78943b54e767bcb0a432ab060af13e51.jpg