Model Cars Magazine Forum

Seeking 1/25 Appliance Wire Mag Wheels

14 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I was thinking I'd seen them in one of the reissues. Thanks for the confirmation. B)

I think the Barris custom version from 1980 or so had them also.    I believe the late 80s (red car on the box) was when they switched to Shelby style wheels for the option. 

Very nice, George!  Beautiful model.  I love the color and … of course, the wheels!  

That's why I'm after these wheels:  I had them on my 1:1  '74 Dodge Charger. I have a scale replica nearly finished, just need the wheels.

Thanks for the lead . . . Monza kits.  

A few of the older issue ('79-'81) MPC El Caminos and El Diablos had those wheels:

MPC%201-0760%20Nmovesexc.JPG

31-1.jpg?maxwidth=1000&maxheight=1000

The MPC Monte Carlo had them as well:

1113460-18821-86-720.jpg

I suspect the Mustang kits that had them may be easier to find today for a reasonable price.

https://www.ebay.ca/i/223845249504?ul_noapp=true

^^ there is one on the 'bay right now

(no idea as to the condition in the open box)

I had a set of those back in the 80's on my 1:1 ride. They were uncoated aluminum. An afternoon with some Mother's Polish and a whole lot of elbow grease made them shine like chrome, and they stayed that way for years.

Edited by gman

Steve, I appreciate the generosity.  Very kind of you.  As it happens, another board friend has indicated a set are on the way already, so I'll wait to see if they fill the bill.

Thanks ever so much. I'll let you know if I still have a need.

To All:  You guys are all the best!!  Come to the barbeque after DESERT SCALE CLASSIC and I'll buy you dinner!

Danno