Model Cars Magazine Forum

Welcome to Canada...

iamsuperdan

Well good morning.

I'm not one to complain about weather, but it is dang cold this morning.

20200114_064402.jpg.ea8ceb30700cb0f36bc5eb991956a3cb.jpg

That's -36 degrees BEFORE the windchill, which put the temp this morning around -45 degrees. That's around -49 Fahrenheit.

And tomorrow is supposed to be colder.

Remote start, heated seats, heated steering wheel. Could live without those features, but why would I?

Suspension hard as a rock, tires hard as a rock, steering much stiffer than usually. Takes a good 10 minutes of driving before everything warmed up and made the truck feel normal again.

Ah well. 

in my office now, space heater is on, Tim's steeped tea in hand. 

:)

I'm just happy it is not me, thanks to global warming we have the mildest winter since begining of time and temperatures are just around freezing here and I still think it is to cold. Doesn't help that it is dark for about 16-17 hours a day either. I hate january ????

It's crazy. Our LRT system had issues, with two different sections of track cracking because of the extreme cold.

Getting diesel trucks to start has been fun. We have at least 100 of them on our used lot right now, and a ton more in our rental department. Those things just don't want to turn over.

My favourite article has been this one. it's not about the cold per se, but about snow. The university of Vancouver holds a big snowball fight every year. This year it was postponed...because of snow.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/annual-snowball-fight-at-vancouver-university-postponed-due-to-snow-1.4768719

Vancouver residents just don't know how to deal with snow. And it is bizarre for them to get the amount of snow they've received over the past week.

Brother-in-law lives south of you, in Airdrie.

He says the propane furnace in his old farm house can barely keep up. He's kept the wood burner in his living room going for a few days, and he's still worried about frozen pipes. 

Far too cold for me, dry air or not.

Wowza... that is seriously cold.     I may be coming up to Alberta for a few days next year...a friend here in Ohio (from Calgary) has his wedding planned for Lake Louise...next January.  I've been invited, but January in Alberta makes January in Cleveland seem like Miami. 

Wow!  Glad I'm not in Canada!

Here in the Philadelphia suburbs it snowed a little yesterday, but as it got warmer the snow turned to rain.  

Last night as I went to bed, I hit the weather app on my phone to take a quick look and the temperatures were all listed as 1-2 degrees!  I almost flipped until I realized that somehow my app got changed from Fahrenheit to Celsius!  I figured out how to change it back and temperatures went in the mid 30s. 

Today it's sunny and 37 degrees.  All the snow has melted off hard surfaces.  Thankfully! 

On Friday we had Rain and then Ice/Rain mix. Went to bed and out side the deck had 1/4" plus Ice and the same or more on the trees and streets. Got up Satruday morning and it was like it never happened. Everything was dry with 20 to 30 mph winds and colder than sour Owl, well you know.