Model Cars Magazine Forum

Deadliest car in america.

19 minutes ago, CapSat 6 said:

Now you know that this car will go to auction, bring the highest price paid for a Dodge ever, and then show up for Chryslers at Carlisle. I will not go to Carlisle that year.

and someone on the forum will think it should be made into a model car

Umm, what kind of church vandalizes an inanimate object decades after the "reports" of deaths, multiple times? Or cuts it up? Or calls someone a "witch"? 

Guess that's the new normal. Sounds like there's something in the water, or at the church that's the problem. Christine was fake. This is fake. Delusional. 

That said, I agree with Bill. Except it'll acquire paperwork for it to be the only 4-door Superstock in existence too :D

3 hours ago, DukeE said:

Christine was fake. This is fake. Delusional. 

Agree 100%.  Much as I love horror stories/movies, my brain seems to be missing the gear for "supernatural belief." And I'm glad. Good grief, the car didn't kill anybody.  Other people did, as always. And I lost track of how many citizens "killed their whole families." No names given so we can fact-check that, of course.

Turner Classic Movies sometimes shows a cheap, quickie old cop movie, "Bunco Squad." About a gang of phony psychics trying to rip off a rich widow, by convincing her they can talk to dead people.  It's sort of a sad commentary on us humans: every trick the grifters use in that movie is still being used by the same kind of grifters today.  And that movie was made in 1950.  (Along with the interesting plot, it's worth watching for the great old cars and pre-freeway Los Angeles scenery.) /soapbox

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042289/

Edited by Mike999
goof

1 hour ago, espo said:

Sounds like to many nutty people with to much time on their hands. Say didn't they used to burn witches in that area years ago ?  

Believe it or not, no accused witches were ever burned in Salem, MA or anywhere else in America.  Which is not much comfort. At Salem 19 men and women were hanged. One man, Giles Corey, was pressed to death, meaning heavy rocks were piled on him until he died. Four or five other innocent people died in jail.

Edited by Mike999
goof

Yep. I'm 1/2 catholic, 1/2 Jewish, fond of the 10 C's. Judgy ain't one of them. LOL. Always liked your sig. Witch hunts and finger pointing popular anymore. 

I think Teslas and Elon are the devils cars though. :)

Yeah, Mike, that was on the 3rd tablet Moses dropped (Mel Brooks ref)

Edited by DukeE

interesting comments on this topic; 

The Christine car was a Belvedere hardtop - not a Fury (as claimed in the Facebook post).

Jack Kevorkian's (Dr. Death) '68 VW van that he used as a mobile "clinic" to euthanize clients, was also bought at auction.  I wonder who would buy such a vehicle.  Sadly, one of Ted Bundy's innocent victims graduated from the same high school as me.  

I think society today is so ate up and consumed by nostalgia it's pretty insane...

I mean, society at large would have you believe the world is one big ever developing catastrophe... and that the future is gonna be very difficult (it likely will be)... so the masses cling to things from the past as it represents happier times or at least can be associated with such. And now even things that are not so "happy"! Like serial killers... old crime stories, unsolved murders, KILLER cars etc... it's a coping mechanism. It's old so it must have value of some sort, to somone.

Things like this story, are just a clear demonstration of the aforementioned theory I have shared above.

I think the truth is, that work is hard, and societal "progress" requires ALOT of it, and people either consciously or subconsciously think that clinging to things from the past (even If they never experienced that past) will somehow provide comfort and mitigate the burden of reality, which is that of hard work!

Today, its easier to whine than work... easier to complain than keep pushing forward...

I'm not advocating progress for the sake of it, but I am advocating for good work ethics, and  personal responsibility.

Today, people just do because someone says do, and they follow when someone "leads"... while all the while forgetting to question or ask why?

Nostalgia folks, its a real "safety blanket"...a killer... highly infectious and I'm just as infected as everyone else.

I'll get off my soapbox now... sorry for ranting, but things like this wouldn't be an issue if people were busy solving real problems with real work!

I don't buy it.

To me this article reads like a click-bait news story that turns out to be based on an urban legend.

I'm not sure what to make of the story or the car's owner (Wendy Allen, aka Eelkat).  The story as told in the article posted above suggests she herself claims the car as haunted.  Her website (not a fun read IMHO) however seems to paint the locals as the crazy ones, superstitious folk spreading rumors regarding her car being possessed. 

It is my impression the web articles that have been passing the story around for several years are all hype with little substance.

FWIW,  I liked Jalopnik's skeptical take on the purported story:

https://jalopnik.com/meet-the-golden-eagle-the-car-claimed-to-have-killed-a-1830037928

5 hours ago, Motor City said:

interesting comments on this topic; 

The Christine car was a Belvedere hardtop - not a Fury (as claimed in the Facebook post).

Jack Kevorkian's (Dr. Death) '68 VW van that he used as a mobile "clinic" to euthanize clients, was also bought at auction.  I wonder who would buy such a vehicle.  Sadly, one of Ted Bundy's innocent victims graduated from the same high school as me.  

Kevorkian's VW van is currently in Las Vegas. It is on display at Zak Bagan's "Haunted Museum". I saw it back in November. 

See the source image

10 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

Some musician or movie star will end up with it in a collection. i remember seeing where some new age rocker bought Ted bundys VW.

I like watching tru crime stories and true movies and documentaries but to own a car that people was killed in I couldn’t own it. I do not believe in haunted cars, houses or haunted anything. Not a ghost believer...

7 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Great. Lunatic fringe Christians in name only that make those of us that take our faith seriously look bad.:(

There have always been those strange Christians and churches...

5 hours ago, slusher said:

I like watching tru crime stories and true movies and documentaries but to own a car that people was killed in I couldn’t own it. I do not believe in haunted cars, houses or haunted anything. Not a ghost believer...

There have always been those strange Christians and churches...

im not either. i just find intresting at what some people believe..