Model Cars Magazine Forum

59 minutes ago, Belugawrx said:

Alright Chris !!!

Great to see you back in F1 modelling...I will follow this one,..I have the same kit and scale motorsport p/e set?

Good luck and keep us posted my friend.

Thanks buddy...

Edited by Chris Smith

1 hour ago, Belugawrx said:

Over on F1m the guys are putting the white metal parts in a 'tumbler' polishing machine...

There is no way we would get them to the right shine by hand...

Alclad on plastic however.... 

The funny thing is I have a tumbler. It did some parts well and other parts like it never happened 

Just a small update. Mostly putting photo etched parts on the tub.

The scale motor sports set is nice but you need to have patience, and if you don’t have a good PE bender it useless to try. I am finding out as I go. I am pleased with my progress.

Thanks for looking 

Chris.

79166C97-4F1E-423D-ADDA-95E3E81F8ED1.jpeg

A3405914-1342-4DBE-BD4E-134DA85AAA4D.jpeg

Looking good Chris !

I just went over my p/e set..that rear wing stabilizer bracket, will make a huge size difference to the kit plastic.

Looks like your leaving some little p/e attachment point burrs, I find I need to use 50X optics to file those little buggers off.?

Cheers

On 1/17/2020 at 12:14 AM, Chris Smith said:

Yea getting old does suck. My ? aren’t as good as the used to be. I do need to some clean up where I can.

great start Chris! that tub looks really nice already ... could you guys leave the burrs and just go right to a bead? I’m ignurant about F1, but a fan nonetheless 

... other than one more excuse for doing stupid stuff, I can’t think of anything good about getting old ... I just got my last surgery to repair my detached retina and will finally get back to a few projects ... the doc said detached retinas aren’t all that uncommon for folks over 50 ... up until then, I thought anything over 2.50 cheater glasses was cheatin’ ...

4 hours ago, LaughingIndian said:

I can’t think of anything good about getting old ... 

me neither... Mike, good luck with the retina recovery !

The problem with leaving the burr is that the p/e companies etch to a very high tolerance, as does, Tamiya, Fujimi,....et al.

So that leaving them, may interfere with future steps in the build.

This is looking good so far Chris..take yer time and have fun !!

11 hours ago, LaughingIndian said:

great start Chris! that tub looks really nice already ... could you guys leave the burrs and just go right to a bead? I’m ignurant about F1, but a fan nonetheless 

... other than one more excuse for doing stupid stuff, I can’t think of anything good about getting old ... I just got my last surgery to repair my detached retina and will finally get back to a few projects ... the doc said detached retinas aren’t all that uncommon for folks over 50 ... up until then, I thought anything over 2.50 cheater glasses was cheatin’ ...

Thank you...

I am cheating...3.0 readers baby!!

• 2 weeks later...

I did spend some of my super bowl Sunday getting some bench time.

made some seat belts, assembled the shifter. I put the radiators on and put on one of the hard lines.

I was going to install the gas tank and oil cooler, but I’m going to wait until I assemble the engine and get that installed first. I figured it would be easier to do it this way, than work around the tanks.

Thank again for looking 

Chris

914D8F1E-117E-462F-A9A9-80DF12FC3D48.jpeg

1EC4122A-1AEE-4B0F-8F74-ECA4C5B504FF.jpeg

461D8774-B127-4423-B4F7-B0C1657A743D.jpeg

2050E736-A0B4-42B1-8A8D-638902AA50C1.jpeg

D577C18F-770F-48C6-9545-B2A421EE68FC.jpeg

9EA3D287-E6D4-4CA0-A38B-C7356AEF84B3.jpeg

4A6156D4-D914-4288-A225-691651B8125F.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

A small update... I am at the mercy of the post office and other parcel services. I am waiting for some items to add some extra detail that are not part of the kit. I am also doing some research on wiring and plumbing and I seem to only get photos of half of what I am looking for... so this is where I sit anxiously waiting for mail.

thanks for looking 

Chris