Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 3 weeks later...

Update...

I finally have something new to show, I have been waiting on a few tid bits from R B Motion (thanks again!!) And after a disastrous reaction on using the wrong clear on the engine I feel confident enough to show you all where I am at.

Thank you all for looking 

chris

6CEE303E-CDE9-4B6B-933A-C7E2CC2E7011.jpeg

51B5C604-BF61-4C8D-AAFD-1C9A187CCC23.jpeg

66B14204-B5FD-409A-A5CE-56135D10B6B1.jpeg

6A5459B3-FED5-430C-AF49-E2B509D9E933.jpeg

56E27CAA-7992-456C-B528-5F6DEADA388B.jpeg

Wow, those wheels are amazing. Do you have a contact number or email for DBSC?  I am not on Facebook and steadfastly refuse to get on (I know, behind the curve, but my social media footprint is extremely small, only YouTube and a couple of forums). 

6 hours ago, Lee Yoder said:

Wow, those wheels are amazing. Do you have a contact number or email for DBSC?  I am not on Facebook and steadfastly refuse to get on (I know, behind the curve, but my social media footprint is extremely small, only YouTube and a couple of forums). 

They only advertise on FB, Messenger is my only contact with them.

you may need to bite the bullet. He does stuff as small as slot cars, I think I was the first one who requested 1/12 .

I can't wait to see the completed build Chris.  First Gran Prix I ever attended was at the Glen and this car was my first taste of a Ferrari F1 car.  The sound of that v12 was unlike any other.  It just screamed whereas the other cars were "simply" howling.  You could tell where it was on track even though it was out of sight just from that engine.  I have polaroids of walking through the garages on Friday and seeing the cars AND drivers in person.  Times have certainly changed.  Great job man!  cheers, tim

59 minutes ago, Codi said:

I can't wait to see the completed build Chris.  First Gran Prix I ever attended was at the Glen and this car was my first taste of a Ferrari F1 car.  The sound of that v12 was unlike any other.  It just screamed whereas the other cars were "simply" howling.  You could tell where it was on track even though it was out of sight just from that engine.  I have polaroids of walking through the garages on Friday and seeing the cars AND drivers in person.  Times have certainly changed.  Great job man!  cheers, tim

Thank you very much Tim, it’s really appreciated! My hope is to do this build some justice.

Edited by Chris Smith

So I spent a good portion of my afternoon and evening installing the exhaust and other tid bits and also connecting the gear box to the engine.

As I get further into this, I am pleased with the direction I am going on, but it has been a little nerve racking at times, and I do walk away from it for a while, just to clear my head and refocus.

Thank you again for your support 

Chris

7B6EEE70-C01B-4597-A468-A589C76B6B3D.jpeg

FA994773-C40C-4D03-8870-279A453D88E2.jpeg

C1605C1C-FF6B-4F18-80BA-3C278737D52F.jpeg

EE1F5789-BC9D-43B0-B1A7-929A6BB78670.jpeg

After a week of getting parts together and some priming and painting.

I got most of the rear suspension together, I was a little nervous when it came time to put the links in to place, old plastic. Just glad nothing snapped.

Thank you for looking 

Chris

BA722C51-9B76-4C38-9D6B-CE8DDE4BEA2C.jpeg

97D2BB85-907C-414F-B8BB-7E5F01E06BF1.jpeg

D15422B3-0D43-4F89-B3B3-5F4E831F9703.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...