Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TarheelRick

Need Wheels & Tires

I am looking for four (4) sets of the wheels and tires from the AMT '65 Ford Rides Magazine issue.  They are the tall spokes with "rubber band" style tires.  I have a pretty good selection of trade material or will purchase out right  Any help will be appreciated.

I don't have that kit, Rick, but what you're describing sounds like the wheels in the Coddington issues of the '32 Ford and '62 Corvette. Would those be of use/interest to you? 

Image result for AMT '65 Ford Rides MagazineImage result for AMT '65 Ford Rides Magazine

Edited by afx

I have that kit. So, I should have a set. I'll check and let you know.

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I don't have that kit, Rick, but what you're describing sounds like the wheels in the Coddington issues of the '32 Ford and '62 Corvette. Would those be of use/interest to you? 

The ones I am looking for are the ones on the kit AFX posted.  If the ones in the Coddington issues are the same, especially the tire tread patterns than yes they will also work.  What is most crucial is the tire tread pattern and tire size.  The wheel spoke design is irrelevant, it will be removed and I will use only the leftover sleeve.

Edited by TarheelRick

Maybe my old brain is playing tricks on me, but I thought someone replied to this thread saying they had what I needed if I would pay the postage.  Now I cannot find any trace of communication with that person.  I am sure I sent them a pm.  I am really wanting to get back in touch with that person.

I have that kit and i just took the wheels out a few days ago and sent them to Leroy (LL3).

On 1/17/2020 at 5:10 AM, TarheelRick said:

Maybe my old brain is playing tricks on me, but I thought someone replied to this thread saying they had what I needed if I would pay the postage.  Now I cannot find any trace of communication with that person.  I am sure I sent them a pm.  I am really wanting to get back in touch with that person.

Maybe that was Classicgas?

Bump!  I am still in need of three sets of these wheels,  Anyone have anything?

Will these work for you? All have exactly the same tires/tread pattern. 3 complete sets!

DonkWheels (2) (Large).JPG

DonkWheels (1) (Large).JPG

Sorry, I am late getting back with you; my head is just now getting clear from the flu.  I would be very interested in those.  PM me with some trade ideas.  Thanks.