Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Dodge 330 Max Wedge

Brutalform

Great job, and the very definition of "a clean build."  I love all the MoPars from this period. 

Back in that day, a friend's family ran a garage and a small used-car business.  They mostly dealt in "New York Cars." Rust-buckets that got a lot of Bondo in the lower quarters, then a quick re-paint.  But somehow, once they got ahold of a very clean '65 Plymouth Belvedere I. It was a real sleeper, a post sedan that looked like a "teacher's car."  But it had a 426 Wedge engine and 4-speed. I still remember the hood ornament with the vertical "4-2-6" numbers. And I'll never forget taking a high-speed ride in that thing.  Half of me wanted to jump out, the other half thought it was better than the roller coaster.

On 1/15/2020 at 6:05 PM, Classicgas said:

Very nice. What did you use on the carb tunnels?

Thanks. 

I used the kit supplied stacks, with a drop of panel line accent inside. Then a PE headlight screens, and the rings are from an electric toothbrush, painted rubber black. 

On 1/17/2020 at 2:10 PM, Brutalform said:

Thanks. 

I used the kit supplied stacks, with a drop of panel line accent inside. Then a PE headlight screens, and the rings are from an electric toothbrush, painted rubber black. 

Looks very good! I really like the carb stacks.

My 330 didn't turn out so hot, but oh well... I've got another one almost done that will be much nicer. This one was the result of failed paint experiment... 3 paint jobs later it still didn't turn out the way I wanted.

20191130_013118.thumb.jpg.37360b795ee36506094c414b1666ba84.jpg

20191130_012844.thumb.jpg.d26b8ee271bddd08d3b7cfcdb645a3db.jpg

I really need a new phone... my camera lense has been busted for a long while and I can no longer take decent pictures.

Guess I'll have to use the wifes temporarily.

Edited by LL3 Model Worx

14 minutes ago, Misha said:

That’s a great looking build Tom! Especially the chassis paint and installation of the exhaust. Would really like to have my 62 Savoy build to turn out as clean and good looking. Cheers Misha

Thanks Misha.

I am following your build and I really enjoy watching the skill and detail you are putting into the 62. 

• 2 weeks later...