Model Cars Magazine Forum

Painting interior parts to look like cloth?

2 hours ago, LL3 Model Worx said:

I'm sure that's a fun nozzle to clean lol!!

Cute!  Ok then "suede finish" paint.  ? I did some digging on the Interwebs and it was actually Faux Fabric paint that Scale Motorsports used to sell.  It appears to be discontinued.  Here is a link to black paint https://www.autoworldstore.com/product-p/sms5503.htm  , but when these were still available, they came in other colors too.

SMS5503-2T.jpg

Edited by peteski

21 minutes ago, peteski said:

Cute!  Ok then "suede finish" paint.  ? I did some digging on the Interwebs and it was actually Faux Fabric paint that Scale Motorsports used to sell.  It appears to be discontinued.  Here is a link to black paint https://www.autoworldstore.com/product-p/sms5503.htm  , but when these were still available, they came in other colors too.

SMS5503-2T.jpg

Hahaha, I've read about that stuff but have never used it.

You wanna run down to the paint store and get me some plaid paint? Hahaha I actually got a guy with that one once!

On 1/19/2020 at 12:13 AM, LL3 Model Worx said:

You wanna run down to the paint store and get me some plaid paint? Hahaha I actually got a guy with that one once!

That’s an easy one to find - it’s next to the Tartan paint on the shelf.

Trouble is, you can only open it with a left-handed screwdriver

On 1/18/2020 at 11:39 PM, peteski said:

SMS5503-2T.jpg

I have used this on the seat of my 1:12 Lotus JPS. In my experience with it, it was more like splatter or texture paint. I can’t figure out how to get a picture from Fotki over to here using my iPad. I always use my laptop. Any suggestions?

On 1/18/2020 at 11:39 PM, peteski said:

SMS5503-2T.jpg

I have used this on the seat of my 1:12 Lotus JPS. In my experience with it, it was more like splatter or texture paint.

2v22dZCEjxa4wkT.jpg

Edited by Nacho Z

2 hours ago, Nacho Z said:

I have used this on the seat of my 1:12 Lotus JPS. In my experience with it, it was more like splatter or texture paint.

2v22dZCEjxa4wkT.jpg

Looks like spray on bedliner 

3 hours ago, CabDriver said:

That’s an easy one to find - it’s next to the Tartan paint on the shelf.

Trouble is, you can only open it with a left-handed screwdriver

Lol!

• 11 months later...

Alternatively, try using a woven fabric tape such as this, then apply flat paint and drybrushing techniques for a worn and weathered look. Easier on a flat bench seat or door panel, but could be made to work for an older style headliner, too.

499601959_PXL_20210109_0019450222.thumb.jpg.718ea6be46145ec8e511d47230de5a9f.jpg

777716719_PXL_20210109_0020008662.thumb.jpg.534335826bfb1c755fca430a57fbf8f7.jpg

1118659355_PXL_20210109_0020134342.thumb.jpg.e275c4509901685e41991238424f18ae.jpg