Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's on your "WATCH LIST"?

randyc

1 hour ago, randyc said:

Hirohatas come up occasionally on ebay.  Usually $75 for no box and on up from there.   It was my holy grail of scale models.  Well a couple years ago, when everyone was asking what I wanted and I wanted absolutely nothing real, I said donate to the Hirohata fund.   And I bought one.  Then later I bought a different car in a fancy case with wood base. The Hirohata lives there on my dresser now.  That is a beautiful replica.   My most expensive car to date at $150 delivered.  

The other one would have to be painted from something else?  Looks like it would be reasonably easy to replicate?  Snake has a thread on here now and I have the same car in green.   With a repaint and some decals... or am I missing something?  I did look it up. 

OoPS! messed up the name Hirohata

And yes. it is not too difficult to replicate and I have it underway BTW, just need to find the right color for the interior to finish it up.

19 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Now you've lost me. You still talking about Hirohata Merc? I don't think I've ever mentioned that car here, much less started a thread on it. Or are you talking about something else now? #Baffled   :unsure:

Naw the Jim Morrison "Blue Lady" car he referred to.  It's a 67 GT 500 very much like the diecast we've discussed in dark blue with no top stripes.  I shoulda been clearer.  

23 minutes ago, randyc said:

Naw the Jim Morrison "Blue Lady" car he referred to.  It's a 67 GT 500 very much like the diecast we've discussed in dark blue with no top stripes.  I shoulda been clearer.  

Ah, thanks. I've never heard of that car! :blink:

1 hour ago, randyc said:

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Ah, thanks. I've never heard of that car! :blink:

Sorry 'bout that Snake. And Randy, I was trying not to reveal too much info until I posted it sometime later.?

20 hours ago, cobraman said:

Been looking off and on for a Gulf GT 40 that I don't feel is overpriced.

There is always the Majorette 1/24 Gulf GT40 which is usually found under $20.  It is not the best but does fill a hole.  These are eBay photos.

Majorette-l500.jpg.87f488fc1cf6377e85c1b35d37e6fbe0.jpg233593274_Majorettered-l500.jpg.a2e8b396af5b860749239870e4493245.jpg

I applied a little Snake Fu, mostly decals, to this one before the newer ones were available.Majorette_1281.JPG.c15478892f24692685c8b2794512131c.JPG

1 hour ago, madhorseman said:

Sorry 'bout that Snake. And Randy, I was trying not to reveal too much info until I posted it sometime later.?

Did the research. The Blue Lady looks very much like the JL '67 Shelby. Just remove all the tampo black stripes and install white ones on the rocker panels. Weekend job! 

Edited by Snake45

On 1/25/2020 at 10:48 AM, Gramps46 said:

There is always the Majorette 1/24 Gulf GT40 which is usually found under $20.  It is not the best but does fill a hole.  These are eBay photos.

Majorette-l500.jpg.87f488fc1cf6377e85c1b35d37e6fbe0.jpg233593274_Majorettered-l500.jpg.a2e8b396af5b860749239870e4493245.jpg

I applied a little Snake Fu, mostly decals, to this one before the newer ones were available.Majorette_1281.JPG.c15478892f24692685c8b2794512131c.JPG

Nice job on the Solido GT40.  It's crazy the make them without side windows.  As for the Morrison GT500, when the find it they will also find bigfoot too.

IMG_6686.PNG