Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mack dump truck update

Guys,

I thought I would try my hand at posting some of my progress on my current project. Like some newer members, I too, haven't built any Class 8 trucks since I was young..over 25 years ago. I have been wanting to do this for some time. The truck is being fabricated after one I actually owned. I want to take this opportunity to say thank you all for imput and especially once again to Tim for posting pictures on: truckmodeler.com.

This model has been in progress since December of 2005. The wife just "loves" it "Tons" of custom fabricated pieces. Lots of time and money..I think it will turn out A-OK.

Noted: Parts from 2-AMT Mack Kits/Ford Delivery Truck/Autocar Dump Truck. Misc parts from STS/KTS, and Ebay (special finds). Alclad II paint (chrome/stainless steel/brushed aluminum) The red is Chrysler FireStorm Red. For decals: I definately suggest using the decal film paper (inkjet) from Bare Metal Foil. Any and all comments appreciated.

Next project on the books: Peterbilt 379 triaxle dump truck with 19' Ti-Brook aluminum body.

http://public.fotki.com/turbo590/

Happy modeling.......Kurt McLucas://http://public.fotki.com/turbo590/

......Kurt McLucas

• 3 weeks later...

Guys,

This would be a second update to the previous subject..

I was out of town the past several days for business, But I was able to address some pieces this morning while they were drying while I was away. Still have a "small' way to go. Enjoy!!

Kurt McLucas

DSCN3988.jpg

DSCN4043.jpg