Model Cars Magazine Forum

Blown Big Block Chevy?

I'm working on a gasser and I need a blown big block Chevy. I've looked at a few and they all seem lacking detail. Are there any good blown big blocks available? Failing that, what kit offers a good big block Chevy? All the ones I've looked at seems very soft on details.

Thanks

Newer tool kits like the AMT '67 Chevelle and Impala, and Revell '65-'67 Chevelles and El Caminos, '68-'69 Corvettes, and '69 Camaros all have decent big block Chevy engines.  One of the Revell 'Vettes has an optional blower setup.  Most old-tool engines, particularly the AMT altered wheelbase cars', are on the small side.

As far as just the long block portion of a big block, I think the Revell COPO Nova has a pretty decent big block - no blower set up though, you’d have to source that from another kit...I have three of those kits and you would be welcome to one of the engines if needed. 
I also have a bunch of the big blocks from the MPC Open Roadster Corvette - which is softer on details but has those drop tube style dragster headers (I don’t know what they’re actually called - Zoomies?). It also has a Hilborn style intake and metal stacks.  I don’t have the metal stacks available, but the rest of the engine would be.