Model Cars Magazine Forum
Paul Hettick

'77 T Bird

What a happy ending for this project! Paul, do you think the master could be scanned and the model be 3-D printed, or even use the file to produce some short-run injection molds? It's definitely that good.

Fantastic work, beautiful finished model!

Yeah, that’s some superior work Paul. Those wheels are really impressive - even zooming in they look real. Excellent work. 

Thank you all for the kind words! Chris, Molds have been made from the master and a full kit will become available. Paul

Here's the interior. A good friend did the interior master. His work is the best I have seen.

DSCF8904.JPG

DSCF8903.JPG

DSCF8906.JPG

This. Is. Fantastic.

Definitely let us know when these become available and where we can buy.

My first car was a 1978 Thunderbird, so I absolutely MUST build a copy.

I really think you've outdone yourself, this time! If I wasn't such a MOPAR fan, I would have bought a '79 T-bird. As far as Thunderbirds go, this is my 3rd favorite body style, behind the '64-'66, and the '61-'63.

Looks like the ones I remember roaming the streets in the 70's. Extremely nice!  Good work.

Owned a '77  (bought it from mom). It was cream color with brown vinyl roof. Brown interior. It had a front bench seat and of course gear shift on the steering column.  No mags - just steel wheels with wheel covers. What a "boat" it was!  I would love to get my hands on this kit.

Edited by peteski

Not even taking into consideration all that went in to creating your master, that is an artfully completed model in its own right.

On the topic of the master, that looks better than most kit offerings, when you take things like overall proportions into consideration. Absolutely beautiful, and compares well to the 1:1 subject. I have seen some of your other creations, and it would be an understatement to say you have quite an eye for detail. I hope that will be a home run for you that rewards you for all of your efforts.

On 1/19/2020 at 2:58 AM, StevenGuthmiller said:

I don't even like the look of these T-Birds, but.........Wow!!

Steve

Lol. Agreed. I prefer the Lincoln Mark V but this makes me want one.