Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 68 Firebird

shoopdog

Finished this one up a couple of weeks ago. It's the Revell Foose edition painted Tamiya Gold with Tamiya Clear coat. Not real fond of the wheels but I try to build out of the box. Not to happy with the ride height and I was unable to get the wheels centered in the wheel wells. This build marks my 100th automotive build since starting back up modeling some 35ish years ago. If only I had the dozens of tanks, WW2 planes and cars I built as a teen. Thanks for looking and all comments welcome.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Great looking Firebird. Your color choice looks very much like an OEM color of the day. You mentioned a problem getting the wheels and tires lined up with the opening. I noticed the Air Cleaner sits back in the engine compartment which might come from the frame not fitting far enough forward. I wouldn't change it at this time since the wheel & tire issue isn't that noticeable unless you point it out. 

Looks great! Really nice clean build, and I really like the color.I agree on the wheels and ride height It would have been nice to have factory wheels and tires included in the kit, but I'm seeing the Foose kits are pretty much just dedicated kits with little extra parts. I did really enjoy building mine two years ago and everything really fit well, which was key as it was only my second build after a 20+ year absence for me in this hobby.