Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 68 Camaro Z/28

DRH_97

I've been working on this one for about a week. I've reworked ride height, removed body trim, narrowed front fenders at grille, replaced wheels with similar set from a 67 Chevelle kit. I almost abandoned the kit, but decided to finish it. Still much to be done to

IMG_0543.jpg

36 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Looks like good clean work! You've got '67 Rally Wheels on a '68. There's a difference between the center caps of the two, if that matters to you. B)

He did say that he took them from a '67 Chevelle. So, I think he knows.

1 hour ago, Plowboy said:

He did say that he took them from a '67 Chevelle. So, I think he knows.

I didn't assume he knew there was a difference. B)

54 minutes ago, DRH_97 said:

I liked the 67 wheels better. Historical accuracy generally not a big deal on most of my builds, especially on a kit that was poorly represented to begin with.

Okay, drive on then. BTW, there are a few simple things you can do to those AMT Camaros to make them look a lot more accurate, but no sense wasting your time on them if accuracy doesn't interest you. Model on! B)

Snake that was a very impressive write up on this kit, and what needs to be done to recreate the original. If i can get it close, and create my vision of what I thought it should be when i bought the kit, that's good enough for me. All of my kits go into cases to be stored in a closet in my office/guest bedroom, so i don't have to have "contest or museum quality and accuracy" to get joy form the hobby.

IMG_3848.jpg