Model Cars Magazine Forum

'35 Dodge Coupe, Spiderbait Black Betty

Reuhkapelti2

Ok I call this one done. Started as '39 Chevy body shell I converted it to look more like '35 Dodge. I spotted this cool car from a music video, Spiderbait band performing their earthmoving version of an old song - Black Betty. 

There is a build off story "on the workbench". I got some good photos of the 1:1 car from a bud from AUS (thanks again Cool Hand). Sorry there's no spark plug wires. I've run out of orange wire, but later I will add them too.

I think my model captured the spirit of "Black Betty" quite well, or what do you think? 

IMG_20200120_151231.jpg

IMG_20200120_151434.jpg

IMG_20200120_151506.jpg

IMG_20200120_151529.jpg

IMG_20200120_151611.jpg

IMG_20200120_151645.jpg

IMG_20200120_151740.jpg

8 hours ago, Belugawrx said:

Nice work Ismo ?

How did you achieve the window frame ?

LOve this song !!

Thanks everybody! The wind shield frame is very simple. I measured and cut from a plastic sheet a piece, cut the glass shaped center off, applyed Molotow chrome on it, added two small pieces in the side posts and the glued it to the roof. And put the glass on it ofcourse. Nothing fancy, could have used more energy to it, but it works this way too. 

The song is stunning! I heard it first time, had to build this model and now the intro is on my phone as the ringtone too! I may be hypnotized! 

Looks the part from where im sitting Ismo. 

You done a very good job replicating features of the 1:1, that metallic black paint would look excellent in direct sunlight. 

And yes I think you captured the spirit of the inspiration car for sure and built it very quick.

Glad the pics were helpful.

Done well mate.

Edited by Cool Hand

• 1 month later...