Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model T Sedan 80's Hot Rod

Ben269

I like these Revell Hot Rod Magazine series of kits from the 80's.  I have built several and have a couple more on the shelf.   A fellow forum member hooked me up with this one, sending me this one out of the 3 pack.  saved me some money, much appreciated!  I plan on building it box stock, not much added detail, just focusing on paint and fitment.  

Image 12-18-19 at 8.27 PM.jpg

IMG_0948.jpeg

IMG_0952.jpeg

That's a cool kit that you should enjoy building. A lot of people malign it because of the undersized smallblock Ford engine. I remember building it as a kid in the '70s when it was the Lil' John Buttera's '26 T Street Rod. I liked it and it looked pretty good when finished, Molded in metalic brown, I didn't even have to paint it.

Yeah, the engine is a little small.   Not too worried about it, Im not going to put much effort into it.    I saw the John Buterra version when I was looking at this one, and I like it.   I might try to get one of the re-issues and replicate that car later on.  We will see how the one goes.

• 2 months later...

Almost done with this one.  Had a few bumps along the way.   Had some nice paint on it, then the 30 year old decals shattered in the water.   I tried to apply them anyway, and sprayed the other ones with a light coat of clear, but couldn't save them.   Had to sand them off, and had to redo the paint.