Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for 8-hole rims

I'm gathering up parts for a future big rig project and I'm looking for rims like these:

IMG_4155.jpg.df95f0adfec051691c87cadf40a53dcd.jpg

Does anyone make them in resin? I want to use them on the Italeri Pete 378 kit. I believe they are Alcoa rims but I'm not 100% sure. I'm not super familiar with big rigs and all the various aftermarket suppliers.

5 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Check out Scenes Unlimited, Danny has added a lot of truck wheels and tires recently, I think he has what you are looking for. Great product and service.

I looked at his website, he doesn't appear to make the ones I need. Everyone makes 10-Hole rims, but no one seems to have the 8-Hole ones. Are they rare or something?

1 hour ago, gotnitro? said:

If your on Facebook,  check M & R wheels also, they are machined aluminum and very nice..reasonable pricing too

M&R doesn't list them either. Maybe he could make a custom set, I'll have to ask. I was trying to avoid going the machined aluminum route due to the high cost. They would look awesome though!

6 hours ago, Dave Toups said:

I looked at his website, he doesn't appear to make the ones I need. Everyone makes 10-Hole rims, but no one seems to have the 8-Hole ones. Are they rare or something?

I'd contact Danny and see if he has them on the drawing board, you never know what he is cooking up!

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 10:03 AM, Dave Toups said:

M&R doesn't list them either. Maybe he could make a custom set, I'll have to ask. I was trying to avoid going the machined aluminum route due to the high cost. They would look awesome though!

Jim At M&R will make them for you  ....... he made these for my Ford Aeromax 120 .

thumbnail_IMG_7014.jpg

On 1/23/2020 at 7:01 PM, Dave Toups said:

Yes you can say they are rare, some used 8-hole 8-lug wheels for a short period of time in the 80's and they were available in 22.5 and 24.5 inch diameter...why they did it I don't know as most manufacturers used 10-lug 2, 5 and 10-hole wheels before that in 22.5 and 24.5 inch, and they went back and nearly all class 8 trucks use 10-lug 2, 5 and 10-hole 22.5 inch wheels today.
So they didn't get the popularity needed and has disappeared form the market.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/21/2020 at 5:09 AM, Hessel Hemstra said:

I could have them 3d printed. Orderable at shapeways. What tire would you use? 

I'm planning to use the Italeri/AMT Peterbilt 378 kit, so I will be using the tires from that kit.