Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is a slush cast resin Airstream trailer. It came with the windows molded in and it's hollow inside but I wanted more depth so I cut the windows out and made clear windows out of plastic and hung curtains behind them. I used some resin wheels and scratch built a bagged tounge. The paint is Krylon foil metallic silver over a gloss black base. Enjoy.

gjVtHiw.jpg

eLbIeVs.jpg

hTvjIGZ.jpg

HGaa3MM.jpg

1NLGla8.jpg

CoZ8tef.jpg

1vBNARp.jpg

I'm going to set it up behind my Suburban when it's done.

MoPiAfd.jpg

Is the Krylon Paint that you used their "Premium Metallic" product? I looked at the Krylon site this was the only one that showed a "silver foil" color. There were only a few reviews for the product, but several mentioned that "the paint was a beautiful smooth finish.....until it was touched. It leaves a dust like residue that wipes off on anything it touches" and that it easily loses its shine when touched by anything.  Have you had any issues?

Thanks,

Bart

24 minutes ago, bh1701 said:

Is the Krylon Paint that you used their "Premium Metallic" product? I looked at the Krylon site this was the only one that showed a "silver foil" color. There were only a few reviews for the product, but several mentioned that "the paint was a beautiful smooth finish.....until it was touched. It leaves a dust like residue that wipes off on anything it touches" and that it easily loses its shine when touched by anything.  Have you had any issues?

Thanks,

Bart

This is what I used.

tilWmKl.jpg

It's like Molotow chrome in that you can't touch it for a while or it will dull.